Cheap graphics card

creative_name

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Small graphics card that will replace my integrated one. One that is small and will take like 40 watts(under full load. I never use full load anyways).
-It has to fit in a small bracket, so it can only have 1-2 ports(1 hdmi+1 vga doesnt really matter(my bracket is like 3 inches long)
-price around cheap like 50 bucks
-takes like 40 watts

My computer is getting old so i just need a graphics card to make the processor faster(and to increase windows score)

computer specs
-Direct X 9.1?
-Intel core2 pentium xeon E4800
-Intel Q43/45 express chipset
-4 GB RAM (I use 2GB of crucial and 2GB of the one that came with it)
-250GB single hard drive?

Games I play
FSX-I get like an average of 20-25 fps. Good enough
Hopefully I can get 30 but that doesnt really matter.

creative_name

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

What i mean is is that if i do get it and put in in my computer, it would have to be up side down (because I have a lenovo m58p)

But is it ok if it is upside down?

Is the bracket thing on the 5570 around 3 inches long?

I think I can fit it though, but it will be upside down.

creative_name

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

I did see on one of the pics(on the link) though that it comes with smaller brackets. So that takes out one question.

I haven't looked at this when I opened up my computer. I have like a bunch of slots for graphics cards and other stuff. There is like 5.
The PCI thing for the 5570 is on the left side. On the PCI thing, there is like a short part and long part. I saw on the card that the short part was closer to the ports. In my computer the LONG part has to be closer to the ports.

creative_name

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

Yea I have PCI. Is there graphics cards that are PCI out there?

4745454b

Titan
It won't work that way. You'd need it backwards, not upside down. And even then the differences between PCI and PCIe will prevent it from working.

You can spend $60-$100 on a PCI video card that will be barely better then your onboard, or you can upgrade your computer so that it can handle a PCIe video card.

creative_name

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

How do i post a picture in this.

It says to put a link.

And how do I upgrade my to the slots I need?

And my computer is a lenovo m58p.

http://www.pcworld.com/product/59554/lenovo_thinkcentre_m58p.html

that white square at the top of the inside is where you put the graphics card

creative_name

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

Will a new case work?

And is there anything to improve framerates on FSX?

BlackHawk91

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Is this your motherboard?
13192623890.jpg

Could you tell us what's underneath that white block? , it seems (from the specs) that your pc only has one pci-e 1x. Flight Simulator X (fsx) is very CPU intensive, so a better cpu will enhance the performance but I don't recommend upgrading anything unless you change the whole system, that's an old system in a dead platform (good processor though).