GoPhone Fine Print

If you buy into the following, you're much braver than I am. Not
clearly covered in the fine print is the fact that minutes self
destruct after a period of time. Details are probably hidden on their
website some where. I didn't take time to find them. I don't think the
service will work from any non-Cingular owned tower site (partner
site) either.

"Service is not available at all times or
in all areas. Qualified phone required.
GoPhone Pick Your Plan service requires
automatic payments with a qualified credit
card, debit card, or checking account.
Cash payments are available with GoPhone
Pay As You Go. Service is available only
with a positive account balance. Voice usage
is deducted in full minute increments with
partial minutes rounded up to the next full
minute. Pay As You Go calling cards start at $15.
Rates are subject to change. Account payments
are not redeemable for cash or credit and are
not transferable. State and Federal Universal
Service charges, taxes and other fees apply.
Service subject to Terms of Service and other
printed materials. Rollover Balance: Pick Your
Plan balance rolls over as long as the
automatic payments are made before the
expiration date. Pay As You Go balance rolls
over if account payment is made prior to expirations
of account balance. Balance rolls over for 12
months. Night & Weekend and Mobile to Mobile Minutes:
Nights are 9pm Friday - 6am Monday. Mobile to Mobile
minutes may be used for calls to or from
any Cingular subscriber within your calling
area. Mobile to Mobile minutes may not be
used for interconnection to other networks.
Nights and Weekend minutes may not be used
for interconnection ot other networks. Night
and Weekend minutes and Mobile to Mobile minutes
do not carry over and are available only if
there is a positive account balance. Cingular,
the graphic icon, and GoPhone are registered
trademarks of Cingular Wireless LLC. Raising The
Bar and the graphic icon are service marks of Cingular Wireless LLC.
"

Whew - good luck

" I don't think the service will work from any non-Cingular owned tower
site (partner
site) either."

Correct. There is a different map for the Pick your plan as well as
the Pay as you GO as compared to the normal monthly contracted plans.

The Pay as you Go has the smallest coverage. - I believe this is
limited to just Cingular owned towers.

The Pick You Plan Go phone has more coverage. - I believe this is with
favorable roaming partners.

The monthly contacted plan has the MOST coverage. - If your phone has
service you can use it anywhere in US without a roaming charge.

That is true of Rollover even if on contract. A good salesperson
would have explained that to you. Not hidden just overlooked by human
error.

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:00:35 -0600, Tom B <nospam@paonia.com> wrote:

>If you buy into the following, you're much braver than I am. Not
>clearly covered in the fine print is the fact that minutes self
>destruct after a period of time. Details are probably hidden on their
>website some where. I didn't take time to find them. I don't think the
>service will work from any non-Cingular owned tower site (partner
>site) either.
>
>"Service is not available at all times or
>in all areas. Qualified phone required.
>GoPhone Pick Your Plan service requires
>automatic payments with a qualified credit
>card, debit card, or checking account.
>Cash payments are available with GoPhone
>Pay As You Go. Service is available only
>with a positive account balance. Voice usage
>is deducted in full minute increments with
>partial minutes rounded up to the next full
>minute. Pay As You Go calling cards start at $15.
>Rates are subject to change. Account payments
> are not redeemable for cash or credit and are
>not transferable. State and Federal Universal
>Service charges, taxes and other fees apply.
>Service subject to Terms of Service and other
>printed materials. Rollover Balance: Pick Your
>Plan balance rolls over as long as the
>automatic payments are made before the
>expiration date. Pay As You Go balance rolls
> over if account payment is made prior to expirations
> of account balance. Balance rolls over for 12
> months. Night & Weekend and Mobile to Mobile Minutes:
>Nights are 9pm Friday - 6am Monday. Mobile to Mobile
> minutes may be used for calls to or from
>any Cingular subscriber within your calling
> area. Mobile to Mobile minutes may not be
> used for interconnection to other networks.
> Nights and Weekend minutes may not be used
> for interconnection ot other networks. Night
>and Weekend minutes and Mobile to Mobile minutes
>do not carry over and are available only if
>there is a positive account balance. Cingular,
> the graphic icon, and GoPhone are registered
> trademarks of Cingular Wireless LLC. Raising The
> Bar and the graphic icon are service marks of Cingular Wireless LLC.
>"
>
>Whew - good luck

fred

I don't understand what you are talking about with the rollover minutes. It
all seems pretty well stated. What is "hidden" and what should the salesman
have gone over with you?

Fred

"Fred" <Agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I don't understand what you are talking about with the rollover minutes.
>It all seems pretty well stated. What is "hidden" and what should the
>salesman have gone over with you?
>
> Fred

It's not really hidden if you take the time to read it. Nor is it
difficult to understand the language used. Unused minutes roll over, or
accumulate for 12 months. If they are not used by then, they disappear.
Ultimately, it's "buyer beware" - read the fine print before signing or
buying. But if the salesman pushed the rollover feature, and failed to
mention that the rolled over minutes expired after a certain time, then he's
somewhat less than ethical.

Bob

> "prc2u" <prc2u@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>> That is true of Rollover even if on contract. A good salesperson
>> would have explained that to you. Not hidden just overlooked by human
>> error.
>>
>> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:00:35 -0600, Tom B <nospam@paonia.com> wrote:
>>
>>>If you buy into the following, you're much braver than I am. Not
>>>clearly covered in the fine print is the fact that minutes self
>>>destruct after a period of time. Details are probably hidden on their
>>>website some where. I didn't take time to find them. I don't think the
>>>service will work from any non-Cingular owned tower site (partner
>>>site) either.
>>>
>>>"Service is not available at all times or
>>>in all areas. Qualified phone required.
>>>GoPhone Pick Your Plan service requires
>>>automatic payments with a qualified credit
>>>card, debit card, or checking account.
>>>Cash payments are available with GoPhone
>>>Pay As You Go. Service is available only
>>>with a positive account balance. Voice usage
>>>is deducted in full minute increments with
>>>partial minutes rounded up to the next full
>>>minute. Pay As You Go calling cards start at $15.
>>>Rates are subject to change. Account payments
>>> are not redeemable for cash or credit and are
>>>not transferable. State and Federal Universal
>>>Service charges, taxes and other fees apply.
>>>Service subject to Terms of Service and other
>>>printed materials. Rollover Balance: Pick Your
>>>Plan balance rolls over as long as the
>>>automatic payments are made before the
>>>expiration date. Pay As You Go balance rolls
>>> over if account payment is made prior to expirations
>>> of account balance. Balance rolls over for 12
>>> months. Night & Weekend and Mobile to Mobile Minutes:
>>>Nights are 9pm Friday - 6am Monday. Mobile to Mobile
>>> minutes may be used for calls to or from
>>>any Cingular subscriber within your calling
>>> area. Mobile to Mobile minutes may not be
>>> used for interconnection to other networks.
>>> Nights and Weekend minutes may not be used
>>> for interconnection ot other networks. Night
>>>and Weekend minutes and Mobile to Mobile minutes
>>>do not carry over and are available only if
>>>there is a positive account balance. Cingular,
>>> the graphic icon, and GoPhone are registered
>>> trademarks of Cingular Wireless LLC. Raising The
>>> Bar and the graphic icon are service marks of Cingular Wireless LLC.
>>>"
>>>
>>>Whew - good luck

fred

One thing that a lot of people misunderstand is that you do not lose your
roll over minutes after a year and then start over. You only lose the one
month that turns one year old and it is replaced by last month. Your roll
over minutes continue, you just do not have more than 12 months worth at a
time. Usually it is silly to even discuss it as if you couldn't us them
when they 3, 6, or 10 months accumulated how the heck are you going to use
12 month's worth?

Fred

> One thing that a lot of people misunderstand is that you do not lose your
> roll over minutes after a year and then start over. You only lose the one
> month that turns one year old and it is replaced by last month. Your roll
> over minutes continue, you just do not have more than 12 months worth at a
> time. Usually it is silly to even discuss it as if you couldn't us them
> when they 3, 6, or 10 months accumulated how the heck are you going to use
> 12 month's worth?

Right. But you DO risk losing *all* accumulated rollover minutes is if
your account goes negative in some way (make a payment too late, forget to
buy more minutes before the old ones expire, etc.)

Bob

SNIP

> Right. But you DO risk losing *all* accumulated rollover minutes is if
> your account goes negative in some way (make a payment too late, forget to
> buy more minutes before the old ones expire, etc.)

Yes, but if you pay your bills on time, that won't be an issue.

TH

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 20:33:23 -0400, Tropical Haven <email@example.net>
wrote:

>> Right. But you DO risk losing *all* accumulated rollover
minutes is if
>> your account goes negative in some way (make a payment too late,
forget to
>> buy more minutes before the old ones expire, etc.)
>
>Yes, but if you pay your bills on time, that won't be an issue.
>
>TH

This may be slightly off topic, but with the gophone, the one where I
pay as I go, do I get free Cingular mobile to Cingular mobile?
--
Scorp