can't delete toolbar

Lynne

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

I'm running XP pro without sp2. I have on my taskbar a
toolbar that references a folder which no longer exists.
I've deleted the toolbar numerous times, but it reappears
when I next reboot or logon.
Figuring that it might be a problem with the folder being
gone, I recreated the folder. Didn't help.
I removed the desktop toolbar, it came back.
I removed quick launch. It came back.
I have full admin privileges.

So, is there something I'm missing as far as taskbar
setup? I've never had this problem in the past.

"lynne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| I'm running XP pro without sp2. I have on my taskbar a
| toolbar that references a folder which no longer exists.
| I've deleted the toolbar numerous times, but it reappears
| when I next reboot or logon.
| Figuring that it might be a problem with the folder being
| gone, I recreated the folder. Didn't help.
| I removed the desktop toolbar, it came back.
| I removed quick launch. It came back.
| I have full admin privileges.
|
| So, is there something I'm missing as far as taskbar
| setup? I've never had this problem in the past.

After setting up your toolbars, go to
Save Settings on Exit (Line 54)

Save the .REG File to a hard disk.
Double click the .REG File; answer yes to the "Registry Editor" prompt.
(To view a REG file in Notepad, right click on the file, then select Edit.)

Then logoff, logon.

Hi Lynne,

See if this fix helps:

Line 164. Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality

Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k