Sign in with
Your question

GeForce GT 220 questions

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 20, 2011 9:07:52 AM

Will it run Magicka, and is it compatible with a GeForce 6100 nForce 405 motherboard/graphics card thing.
I will soon be getting Magicka and need a better graphics card

More about : geforce 220 questions

a b Î Nvidia
a c 141 U Graphics card
November 20, 2011 9:38:20 AM

The GT 220 is compatible with your motherboard. It will run Magicka, though probably only at minimum settings. Magicka is not a demanding game, but the GT 220 is a very weak video card. It really isn't meant for gaming. If you want to play something more demanding than Magicka, you really should look at a more powerful card. If you want recommendations for a better card it would help to know more details about your system ie. CPU, RAM, Power Supply, screen resolution, how much money you are willing to spend.
m
l
November 20, 2011 3:47:15 PM

Supernova1138 said:
The GT 220 is compatible with your motherboard. It will run Magicka, though probably only at minimum settings. Magicka is not a demanding game, but the GT 220 is a very weak video card. It really isn't meant for gaming. If you want to play something more demanding than Magicka, you really should look at a more powerful card. If you want recommendations for a better card it would help to know more details about your system ie. CPU, RAM, Power Supply, screen resolution, how much money you are willing to spend.

CPU: AMD Anthlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+ 2.60 GHz
RAM: 1.5 GB (getting more soon)
Resolution: 1680x1050
Power Supply: Don't know, and also don't know how to find out
Budget: $0-$100

would this card be better: GeForce 9400 GT
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a c 104 U Graphics card
November 20, 2011 4:02:32 PM

PSU ; Open your case, on the side of the powersupply there should info.
m
l
November 20, 2011 4:42:08 PM

this is how its written on the power supply inside the computer:
Input: 100V-127V ~ 10A , 200V-220V ~ __ (<--- is either SA or 5A, hard to read)

P.S. i googled my my desktop model and specs and found that its a 180W supply
P.S.S ^^^^^^^^^ might not be accurate but idk
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 20, 2011 4:52:07 PM

GeForce GT 220 would be good for your PC and is also stronger than the 9400 GT
m
l
November 20, 2011 4:56:10 PM

whooleo said:
GeForce GT 220 would be good for your PC and is also stronger than the 9400 GT

could you suggest a better one that will actually run on my pc?
i dont want to play magicka on lowest settings so........
m
l
November 20, 2011 5:53:54 PM

well scratch that, my dad is pretty much determined on getting me a laptop instead, so no magicka :( 
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 104 U Graphics card
November 20, 2011 8:19:46 PM

Tell your dad that everybody on a well respected forum will advice against a floptop, euh, laptop.

They are overpriced and underpowered, for the same amount of money you can really have a much better pc and they last you a whole less shorter. I had three and they never lasted longer than three year's. The most expensive one i had ( 1000 euro ) lasted me 2 years, gpu died, no possebility to fix that easily or cheaply.

Why pay more for a lot less ?

A pc can last you years and years, a lkaptop more till the guarantee expires . . .
m
l
November 23, 2011 1:43:32 AM

GreenDutchAlien said:
Tell your dad that everybody on a well respected forum will advice against a floptop, euh, laptop.

They are overpriced and underpowered, for the same amount of money you can really have a much better pc and they last you a whole less shorter. I had three and they never lasted longer than three year's. The most expensive one i had ( 1000 euro ) lasted me 2 years, gpu died, no possebility to fix that easily or cheaply.

Why pay more for a lot less ?

A pc can last you years and years, a lkaptop more till the guarantee expires . . .

hes buying a laptop because me and my brother fight over the computer......
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 104 U Graphics card
November 23, 2011 4:48:54 AM

:lol:  And you guys won't fight over the laptop then ?
m
l
November 26, 2011 11:24:06 PM

GreenDutchAlien said:
:lol:  And you guys won't fight over the laptop then ?

nope, because its "mine"

i know my brother will still try tho
m
l
!