Standoffs and screws not included in Case?

kevmac

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was looking at purchasing the NZXT Zero case for my first build. I was told by newegg that the standoffs and screws were not included to install the motherboard. Do I just need to buy them separately from somewhere? Here is newegg's response below:
------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have double checked with our related department and I was told that the accessory does not come with the item # 11-146-029.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.
-------------------------------

thanks,
Kev

aoe

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
I find it difficult to believe that the case is not sold with the accessories provided.

Check this review.

If that supplier does not provide the required accessories, I would suggest buying from a different supplier.

The screws are all pretty standard, so no problem there, but there are a number of different standards for the standoffs - the height has to be correct for the case in order to position the motherboard at the correct height.

Also note that the accessories also include the rails for the drive cages. They will be specific to that case, and without them - well, they just have to be supplied IMO.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

Are you looking at OEM or Retail? aoe is right, if Retail should come with the accessories and I wouldn't buy a case that didn't

azmtbkr81

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I've never heard of a case not coming with standoff screws, you probably got a returned case.

I ordered a case from Newegg a few months ago and it was missing all of the hardware and slightly scratched, I told Newegg that I'd buy the hardware locally if they could give me a discount but they weren't willing to give me more than $15 off of a $150 case so I returned it for a refund.

You could try and get a discount but I doubt it will work, you are better off returning it for a brand new, unopened case.