New System ASAP

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: $2000 ish...

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming Only

Parts Not Required: No need for any peripherals.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon (Shipped / Sold my Amazon only - no third parties).

Parts Preferences: Intel

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: I am planning on purchasing a 27'' monitor... I was looking at a Samsung for around $320.

Additional Comments: Just a simple gaming computer that will be usable for many years. I got almost 5 years out of my current rig so I would like to get that out of something new as well. Based on the case I am not sure if I need to order additional fans or not? ALso, I had posted about a new build about a month ago but I was encouraged to wait until the 7970 card came out to make my build... so I have incorporated it here.

Processor: Intel 2600k

PSU: Corsair Professional Series Gold 850-Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified High-Performance Power Supply - CMPSU-850AX

SSD: Crucial 256 GIG M4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit

CPU Cooler: Corsair Air Series A70 Performance CPU Cooler CAFA70

DVD / CD: Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

Motherboard: ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68 - PCIe 3.0 and UEFI BIOS Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2200 LGA 1155 Motherboards P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Graphics Card: VisionTek Products Radeon 7970 3 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Cards 900491 (I like this one because of the limited lifetime warranty as opposed to some 3 or 5 year warranties from other cards)

Case: Corsair CC600TWM-WHT Special Edition Graphite Series 600T Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case - White

The total comes to Just a hair over $2000 on Amazon... plus free shipping and no tax. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about system asap
  1. Other than the 2600k being overkill for gaming use, looks pretty good to me. At the moment i5 2500k would work just as good for you.

Quality PSU, nice fast SSD, good quality mobo, good albeit a bit pricy cpu cooler, more than enough ram, faster GPU on the market and a good case.

You should be fine with the cooling. Most of the heat from the GPU is pushed out the back and the case comes with enough fans to keep things cool.
  2. Don't know about 5 years, but it should last a good while.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems