Showing Country From

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on the new software update?

I was thinking it would be a good idea to have members place of residence in their Avatar and sig box.

The thing is the amount of times people ask for links or you need to recommend something to someone and you post them a link to say Scan in the UK then they are in Canada or vice versa.

I'm not saying list their address just a prefix of country, it would save asking and having to post links twice.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
It was suggested that a flag of their country appear next to their username, or other possible indicators for country of origin of a poster in a given post. It's being mulled around and the design is being played it. Nothing for sure is set in stone if it will be available in the first iteration of the new platform that will be rolled out - but it's something the devs will keep in mind.

rusty_95

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

Great idea, but I am in favour of using a flag instead. :hello:

rusty_95

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Mine would be the union jack & the Canadian maple leaf, one for my birthplace and the second for my adopted country.

I spend a lot of time asking OPs where they from. I'd love to see an abbreviated country in their profile eg uk, aus, us, jpn or even a flag (of which I'd probably only recognise half). It would save time fixing problems.

D

Deleted member 217926

Let's let threads from 2011 stay dead please ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.