Sign in with
Your question

Computer case suggestion

Last response: in Components
May 1, 2012 11:25:12 PM

hello everyone,
I am looking at buying a new case for E-ATX asus rampage IV extreme, a full tower computer case. am looking at running quad crossfire in the future so I want to the case to be spacious and build for high quality to last, I have looked around and saw that the best two options are corsair 800D and the NZXT switch 810, I am more leaned toward the NZXT cuz its newer lighter and has a lower cost, weight is a concern for me since I will be ordering from amazon usa to Libya, so it would cost me for shipping if it was heavy, I will have to pay for shipping anyway but it would be kinda cheaper if it was lighter.

another thought should I just keep a NZXT M59 classic cuz I really like the way it looks but it barley fits the E-ATX motherboard that is not designed for it.

guys any suggessions would be greaty appreciated :) 
May 2, 2012 12:59:52 AM

you would need a full tower right?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 2, 2012 1:04:04 AM

yes seems like I forgat to mention that, thanks
May 2, 2012 1:12:55 AM

no wayy too flashy, maan I really liked the looks of the CM storm, thump up for that! for bringing it to my attention, if it just has a side window it would be perfect, prehaps there is an option for that..
May 2, 2012 1:23:47 AM

so what are your impression about nzxt switch 810, seems like its bigger than the cm storm trooper ?
May 2, 2012 1:27:16 AM

looks cool but keep looking.
May 2, 2012 1:31:45 AM

I just want a computer case that would last me for at least 4 years with this motherboard and be able to host all the future upgrades, and I want it to be build well and looks for play and professionalism, not too flashy.
May 2, 2012 1:44:11 AM

lookerup said:
heres one you might like but a bit expensive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

this one was on my top list, I have listed in on my first post, comparing it to the nzxt switch 810, its really heavy but seems like its well build, but wouldn`t be an issue if its a bit old, I mean it was released like 3 years ago, wouldn`t this concern you . ?
May 2, 2012 1:45:48 AM

I really like the nzxt switch 810 but whats holding me back is the plastic and the glossy finish that could be scratched over time. all the features seemed to be great if only it was made more sturby
May 2, 2012 1:50:50 AM

the nzxt have a sleek look and cheaper than the one's i showed you.
May 2, 2012 1:52:52 AM

lookerup said:
the nzxt have a sleek look and cheaper than the one's i showed you.

I am quite lean toward it as its light weighted and won`t cost me much in shipping plus its huge and can carry all my stuff and has plenty of customizations, but I can`t get over the plastic and the glossy finish
May 2, 2012 1:55:33 AM

which color would be better the white or black ?
May 2, 2012 1:57:39 AM

well put like plastic wrap around it or something
May 2, 2012 1:58:10 AM

black , so you dont see scratches as much
May 2, 2012 2:02:23 AM

lookerup said:
well put like plastic wrap around it or something

lool! seriously!.. seems like an appealing Idea, its practically desert up here, just leave your room for a couple of days you dust is all over the place, so yes a plastic protective coating will kinda do the jop
May 2, 2012 2:05:01 AM

haha glad you like the idea
May 2, 2012 2:11:59 AM

it would look kinda weird but yeah it would protect it from some abuse, cuz honestly the case is just great if just nzxt went with more alumenium or steel it would have been the best full tower case ever, cuz am really tired of all the tightness I face when I want to tweak or connect something in the m59, its soo tight! now am wondering how am I even gonna get the motherboard out, it took me like 1 hour to get it in
May 2, 2012 2:16:43 AM

With the HUGE amount a room in that nzxt switch you can practically put in anything. Air flow seems pretty nice in there too would be nice if they had one on the window though.
May 2, 2012 2:25:37 AM

i showed him the CM storm series which have similar looks but he didnt like it
May 2, 2012 2:49:20 AM

xXmjzXx said:
here is one may be to flashy for you but hey worth a try.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-SuperSpeed-Interior...

Nice case but too flashy, the nzxt seemed like a very nice case, and I think it would fit me pretty well, one would have to be very delicate with it so he won't bre
ak anything in it since its too plasticy
May 2, 2012 2:51:54 AM

Guys thanks for the input, its really late here so am off to bed, I will post updates tomorrow,

Thanks for the input especially lookerup :) 
May 2, 2012 6:31:13 PM

you can use clear packaging tape to cover your case. If done right, it'll look real nice.
May 2, 2012 6:46:06 PM

lookerup said:
you can use clear packaging tape to cover your case. If done right, it'll look real nice.

I have done that before on other items, you know the clear protective coating made for laptop back lid, this works perfectly, the thing with clear tape is that it leaves residues after remover, and you can only remove them with alcohol or oily liquid, but since the one that is made for a protecting a laptop is easy to remove so it would work perfectly, I think it would cost me like 20$ for two packs to cover most of the plastic parts on the case, but thanks for the Idea thu, so regarding the corsair 800D, do you think its out of the question, comparing to the nzxt switch 810
May 2, 2012 7:32:20 PM

fastwing76 said:
I have done that before on other items, you know the clear protective coating made for laptop back lid, this works perfectly, the thing with clear tape is that it leaves residues after remover, and you can only remove them with alcohol or oily liquid, but since the one that is made for a protecting a laptop is easy to remove so it would work perfectly, I think it would cost me like 20$ for two packs to cover most of the plastic parts on the case, but thanks for the Idea thu, so regarding the corsair 800D, do you think its out of the question, comparing to the nzxt switch 810

i think the corsair 800D practically the same thing but its more expensive than nzxt. The surface of the case is different than the nzxt and won't get as much scratches on the corsair and interior is designed a bit different. Overall its pretty much the same to me.
May 2, 2012 7:36:28 PM

lookerup said:
i think the corsair 800D practically the same thing but its more expensive than nzxt. The surface of the case is different than the nzxt and won't get as much scratches on the corsair and interior is designed a bit different. Overall its pretty much the same to me.

so if you were in my position, choosing between the two, which one would you choose ?
May 2, 2012 7:48:23 PM

fastwing76 said:
so if you were in my position, choosing between the two, which one would you choose ?

if i had the money probably the corsair but i would get the nzxt cause it's cheaper.
May 2, 2012 8:00:08 PM

ok so let me put it this way so the situation becomes more clear, now the shipping cost for the computer case to get here is NZXT switch 810 is 170$ while the shipping costs for the corsair 800D would be 280$ thats not to mention that the corsair costs approx 100$ more than the NZXT so the tolal difference between the two with shipping is around 210$, I really don`t think this amount is worth paying more for the corsair right ?
May 2, 2012 8:04:25 PM

yea basically
May 2, 2012 8:08:03 PM

this thing weights 16kg 40lb or something, its sooo heavy, I can only imagine how heavy it is, I forgat to add the forkleft cost to transport this to my house from the carrier! lol
May 2, 2012 8:10:49 PM

is it really that heavy for a forklift? haha.... but result should be promising after you finish with putting the components inside the case.
May 2, 2012 8:12:39 PM

lookerup said:
is it really that heavy for a forklift? haha.... but result should be promising after you finish with putting the components inside the case.

I was talking about the corsair, the switch 810 is very light, I think 9 kg or something. so it would cost me alot less in everything
May 2, 2012 8:14:31 PM

oh.... but still result should be great.
May 2, 2012 8:22:49 PM

so which color you think I should guess white or black, white is less glossy by the way ?
May 2, 2012 8:58:06 PM

whatever suit your taste. i'm not the one getting it. lol well personally black, choice whatever you want.
May 3, 2012 9:42:05 AM

am personally leaned toward the black one since it won't conflict with the color scheme of the other peripherals, but the case looks better in white cuz of the black strips, and the motherboard and other peripherals will reflect really nice against the white background if u know what am saying. the black one looks plain black with lots of fingerprints
May 3, 2012 9:44:47 AM

am personally leaned toward the black one since it won't conflict with the color scheme of the other peripherals, but the case looks better in white cuz of the black strips, and the motherboard and other peripherals will reflect really nice against the white background if u know what am saying. the black one looks plain black with lots of fingerprints
May 3, 2012 9:53:50 AM

May 3, 2012 7:45:14 PM

well it wont really matter of the fingerprints if your gonna cover it up with a protector.
!