Help on laptop.

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Laptops
  • Graphics Cards
  • Processors
Last response: in CPUs
May 1, 2012 11:54:15 PM

Due to the cheap price, dedicated graphics card, and a fairly new processor, I've come to the conclusion the Lenovo Y570 is the best for me. I may be wrong, and that is why I'm here :)  What are your thoughts and opinions? My budget is 700-900, and I have to get a laptop since I will be attending an university next semester. I plan on gaming for hours in the summer, so my biggest concern is overheating with this laptop. Here is the link. http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/Len...

More about : laptop

a b à CPUs
a c 249 D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 12:11:48 AM

Hi :) 

For that price you are going to be gaming in most games on LOW....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a c 124 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 12:14:30 AM

Not travelling so much anymore, my laptop just sits in the corner (most of the time). Keeping a laptop cool is a big issue (especially one used for gaming). A cooling pad used religously helps a lot there. I like Lenovos, they seem to be well built (and I find that one particularly nice looking) and have nice features. I think it should serve you well through school (or until BF4 or some other GPU hungry game is released).
If you can afford it, add SSD.
Enjoy
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 12:43:35 AM

SAve more $$ and get a ultrabook, some awsome ones are on the horizon, I personally like the Samsung 9 series at the moment.
m
l
a c 152 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2012 2:39:55 AM

The y570 has the worst performing of the 555m models available, almost half the ability of the top model. I would suggested a refurbishd asus or msi gaming laptop from newegg for the same price but they seem to be out of stock except for an $1100 G73 model.
m
l
!