PS3 Devkits

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

PS3 devkits

Alpha devkit - shipped early spring 2005
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/635/635630/ps-meeting-2005-sonys-ps3-schedule-20050721020714456.jpg

Beta devkit - started shipping late spring 2005
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/635/635630/ps-meeting-2005-sonys-ps3-schedule-20050721020712940.jpg

Final reference devkit - shipping in Dec 2005
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/635/635630/ps-meeting-2005-sonys-ps3-schedule-20050721020716581.jpg

Beta devkit shipments
Jun 300
July 450
Aug 200
Sep 300
Oct 3,000
Nov 3,000+

Notice how finished the Final devkit is. It has the full speed Cell,
the full speed RSX, the Blue Ray and a hard drive. That is a 19-inch
rack mount so it is only about 1 3/4-inches high. Now, how hard do you
think it is going to be to go from that Final devkit to a production
unit ready to go on store shelves?

The xflop 1.5 full circle is so screwed. They only started shipping
BETA devkits a few weeks ago with no word of FINAL devkits. This just
keeps getting funnier and funnier every day. All they can come up with
is hiring a carrot top kid shill to pose with a mockup box and
photoshopped screens? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
5 answers Last reply
More about devkits
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Blig Merk wrote:

    > The xflop 1.5 full circle is so screwed.

    How does the PS3 devkit shipping schedule change the fact that a) Xbox 360
    will be in stores in time for Christmas, b) PS3 won't ship until spring in
    Japan and likey not until fall in North America, and c) When it does ship in
    North America, there will be nearly a year's worth of X360 games already on
    the shelves, and new games coming out that have been in development for
    longer than any PS3 launch game?

    Oh wait, it doesn't. Mmmmm, SMELL that desperation. Or is it just Bliggie's
    pungent b.o.? Well, one does cause the other...

    And how much is the PS3 gonna cost, anyway? Dual 1080p outputs, built-in
    WiFi, Blu-ray... well, surely Sony must have some magic way of making all
    that overkill technology inexpensive enough for gamers to afford. Right?

    Let's ask Krazy Kenny Kutaragi himself: "I'm aware that with all these
    technologies, the PS3 can't be offered at a price that's targeted towards
    households." And even better: "I'm not going to reveal its price today. I'm
    going to only say that it'll be expensive." -- Kenny at the SCE PlayStation
    meeting two days ago.

    CAN'T be offered at a price that's targeted towards households?? So let me
    get this straight, the PS3 is going to debut in North America close to a
    year after the Xbox 360 at a price that that Kenny himself admits will be
    out of reach for the casual consumer? Microsoft must be laughing themselves
    silly at that.

    You better start asking for extra shifts at McD's now, Blig.

    > All they can come up with
    > is hiring a carrot top kid shill to pose with a mockup box and
    > photoshopped screens? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Microsoft doesn't need to prove that the Xbox 360 is on the way, and how
    does showing some ugly-ass beta kit with wires poking out the top HELP them
    exactly? That was a genuine picture of a genuine beta kit, being played by a
    kid whose stepfather no doubt got in genuine trouble. I think your tinfoil
    hat just slipped off, assjockey.

    -Z-
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    Most of the regulars of this group are going to get both consoles, asshat.
    Do you have any point to your rants, other than the one on top of your
    pin-like head?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > Notice how finished the Final devkit is. It has the full speed Cell,
    > the full speed RSX, the Blue Ray and a hard drive.

    Hard drive!?

    Don't you mean a hard drive slot? :)

    --
    terry v
    GT: terryfied

    Blig Merk <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >PS3 devkits

    >Final reference devkit - shipping in Dec 2005
    >http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/635/635630/ps-meeting-2005-sonys-ps3-schedule-20050721020716581.jpg

    >Notice how finished the Final devkit is. It has the full speed Cell,
    >the full speed RSX, the Blue Ray and a hard drive.

    I can't help noticing you're using the present tense to describe
    future events.

    --
    Brad: Got a minute?
    Lester Burnham: For you, Brad, I've got five!

    On 25 Jul 2005 18:10:09 -0700, "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >The xflop 1.5 full circle is so screwed. They only started shipping
    >BETA devkits a few weeks ago with no word of FINAL devkits. This just
    >keeps getting funnier and funnier every day. All they can come up with
    >is hiring a carrot top kid shill to pose with a mockup box and
    >photoshopped screens? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Your life would be so empty without the 360. Oh.. hang on...

    andyt

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Video Games Product