Does Panasonic G51M work in US?

Question: Does the Panasonic G51M work in the US? And has anyone gotten
this to work? Which carrier does it work on?

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about does panasonic g51m work

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, at 10:01:49 [GMT GMT] (20:01:49 Thursday, 23 September
    2004 where I live) "VZE" wrote:

    > Question: Does the Panasonic G51M work in the US? And has anyone gotten
    > this to work? Which carrier does it work on?

    Is it tri-band and do you have roaming allowed?

    Or is it dual band 850/1900?

    Does your provider your provider has roaming agreements
    in US?

    --
    (A)bort (R)etry (T)hermonuclear Re-education

    It's 900/1800/1900Mhz, unlocked GSM phone. I want to use this in Florida
    with a US provider.

    Thanks.

    "John Phillips" <flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in message

    > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, at 10:01:49 [GMT GMT] (20:01:49 Thursday, 23
    > September
    > 2004 where I live) "VZE" wrote:
    >
    >> Question: Does the Panasonic G51M work in the US? And has anyone gotten
    >> this to work? Which carrier does it work on?
    >
    > Is it tri-band and do you have roaming allowed?
    >
    > Or is it dual band 850/1900?
    >
    > Does your provider your provider has roaming agreements
    > in US?
    >
    > --
    > (A)bort (R)etry (T)hermonuclear Re-education

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, at 10:28:02 [GMT GMT] (20:28:02 Thursday, 23 September
    2004 where I live) "VZE" wrote:

    > It's 900/1800/1900Mhz, unlocked GSM phone. I want to use this in Florida
    > with a US provider.

    Cingular IIRC in Florida, or maybe T-Mobile on 1900.

    Make sure roaming is allowed / turned on by your Telco ($$$)

    --
    A stagnant science is at a standstill.

    It's tri-band. it will work everywhere.

    "VZE" <vze@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Question: Does the Panasonic G51M work in the US? And has anyone gotten
    > this to work? Which carrier does it work on?
    >
    > Thanks.

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    At least a quad band is required to work "everyone".

    In <5aednWxpm63WKsncRVn-og@rogers.com> on Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:09:38 -0400,
    "Cellular Dealer" <quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >It's tri-band. it will work everywhere.
    >
    >"VZE" <vze@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Question: Does the Panasonic G51M work in the US? And has anyone gotten
    >> this to work? Which carrier does it work on?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    The G51 is made of the USA market and the G50 is made for the European
    market, they are both Tri-band so they will both work in the USA on the PCS
    1900 band. OK!!!

    Az!

    "VZE" <vze@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Question: Does the Panasonic G51M work in the US? And has anyone gotten
    > this to work? Which carrier does it work on?
    >
    > Thanks.

GSM Panasonic