Sign in with
Your question

I7-3770 vs i7-3770k

Last response: in CPUs
May 2, 2012 6:40:05 AM

Hello,
I would like to know if there is any other difference betweeen these 2 CPUs, other than that the 3770K unlocked is for overclocking and has 100Mhz more?

More about : 3770 3770k

May 2, 2012 6:53:23 AM

I believe that's it...
May 2, 2012 7:40:41 AM

Thanks
Related resources
March 28, 2014 12:16:52 PM

If you are going to do OS virtualization, you should get Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) : this will improve security, reliability and performance by providing Hardware access to the different MOBO components for the VM's OS.
The "K" don't have this feature.

If you need extra security, either at home or at the office (I wonder why some say that you don't require security at home, who knows if you do some work at home and if your personal context requires security), you should get Intel® vPro™ Technology. Note from Intel : is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the processor aimed at addressing four critical areas of IT security: 1) Threat management, including protection from rootkits, viruses, and malware 2) Identity and web site access point protection 3) Confidential personal and business data protection 4) Remote and local monitoring, remediation, and repair of PCs and workstations.

If you need safer computing with applications running concurrently, you'll maybe require Intel® Trusted Execution Technology : it's a versatile set of hardware extensions to Intel® processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution. It enables an environment where applications can run within their own space, protected from all other software on the system.

In short, Intel tells us that if we are an IT developer, or simply someone who requires strength in security/stability, then we can't (and should not) OC the damn CPU... But if we want to do some OC'ing, then we cannot be a serious IT dev.... Which IMHO is a VERY far-fetch and ridiculous marketing assumption from Intel : it implies that one must be rich enough to have both worlds under hand, ie. in two distinct computers each having the correct CPU (one with let's say the i7-3770K CPU, and the other with an i7-3770).
March 28, 2014 12:27:46 PM

Holy cow dude this thread is two years old. I think he probably chose one already.
March 28, 2014 1:09:48 PM

VenBaja said:
Holy cow dude this thread is two years old. I think he probably chose one already.

Yeah I know, but since I (and you) got on this thread, then it's still ACTUAL since we can read it! And tomorrow, if people are able to read this thread concerning the same products, then it will again be ACTUAL : you can read it, thus you can get information from it, thus that information is actual and can still be elaborated if need be : even though the OP has already bought his stuff, I, you and other who bump on that page looking for that same information, did not. Could you imagine if there was one thread for every person having the same question in mind?...

In short, I don't see the problem, who cares if the guy have already bought his CPU? Because these same CPU are STILL on the market, then the topic is STILL actual for many other people : I posted for people looking up this forum for such information, that's it that's all. And if it makes you laugh or annoys you, then just go and post insignificant replies somewhere else (where the cows are Holy for instance). Thanks.
a c 455 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 28, 2014 1:10:25 PM

March 28, 2014 1:16:57 PM

logainofhades, could you people please STOP trolling like this? You consider a post for its date, I consider it for its content : old does not mean irrelevant, and the contents are actual since the products are still on the market.

Don't you have better things to do with your lives than HARASS others in forums? WHAT'S WITH THAT CONTROL-FREAK PROBLEM OF YOURS?!?! One thing is for sure : I'm an IT professional, and for me Tom's Hardware forums are going in the Trash from now on, not only for me but also for my colleagues and friends to whom I'll tell that most people participating on these forums are insignificantly puerile, and that most replies for the same question are either disseminated amongst numerous posts (even though they're related to the same topic), either incomplete or flawed because people don't act as in a community but as in a self-serving blah...
!