My computer wont start unless I remove my HD 5770 Powercolor

sasuke569

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Hello,
I have a problem with my HD 5770 powercolor
I have opened the graphics card to clean it, so after cleaning, this problem started
here is what happens

when I plug in the card on my Motherboard and start the computer it do not start but the card's fan work for 1/10 second then stop.
when I unplug the graphic card the computer works perfectly.

The problem was from cleaning I know but I want to know If I put it in the oven is there any possibility for it to work again.
Please Help me

perfectblue

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
How did you clean it? Why you want to put it in an over?

If the temperatures go above 85-120C, your capacitors might blast. Some eccentric people have actually done this kind of "Oven Experiments" on electronics. Google what is their results :p

sasuke569

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Did you remove the heatsink?
yes I did :na:

Is the card still under warranty?
yes it is but its useless in my country

Have you tried reseating it?
I dont know what do you mean

Have you got the PCI-E cable plugged in?
yes I've done everything right as I think :wahoo:

What did you clean it with?
first I cleaned it with a Brush teeth to remove the dust but there was a sticky Dust so I removed it by a negative Screw :sol:

Have you tried it in another PC?
Yes, I have and it didn't work

Its not recommended to remove the heatsink if the card is still in warranty as it voids the warranty...

By "reseating" I mean re-installing the card in the motherboards PCI-E slot, but as you've tested it in another PC its unlikely to be the cause of the issue.

Don't use a tooth brush to clean a graphics card (or any PC component) its far to rough and could easily damage the card, also if the tooth brush had been used before it may have had some liquid/moisture on it.

I think you've killed it by ESD or damaging the PCB when cleaning.

Next time use a can of compressed air.

sasuke569

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Next time use a can of compressed air
are you kidding ?? :D
I killed myself to get this card
I should learn from this mistake :non:
thanks anyway (there is no any hope right? :pt1cable: )

Nope im not kidding, compressed air works well and wont damage your components

If you've tested it in another PC with a power supply that has ample power then the card is almost certainly dead.

sasuke569

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

No No I'm giving you a Comment for the word "Next time" Not "use a can of compressed air "

klondack

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2008

Did you reapply thermal paste between heatsink and GPU?

Thermal paste is needed to fill in any imperfections in the surface of the GPU and heatsink, you need a small amount (roughly the size of a grain of uncooked rice). It aids in heat transfer...

sasuke569

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

its useless I tried it