PSP update version 2

Internet browser works. I can't check my email on BTYahoo as it keeps saying
my browser is Netscape 4. But I can login to the portal.
I don't like the keyboard on it, its really cumbersome and its like trying
to do text messages on a mobile. I would much prefer it if the keyboard was
laid out qwerty style. Takes so long to type an address that really I don't
think its going to be of any great use to be honest. Its good to have the
function there just in case, but I doubt I will be a regular user of it.
The PSP gets quite warm when online but that is expected.
Nice to see the themes added. Well not exactly themes, but we can change
the colour of the backgrounds instead of having same colour for each month.
Wallpaper I have not tried and shall await to see whether its true that it
may cause pixels problems. I doubt it will but better safe than sorry.
Thats about it really, I haven't tested the music or video stuff.
Looking at gamefaqs, seems that you can download things to the memory card
from websites. People have managed to download MP3 and other things. MP3
goes to music folder and other stuff goes to Common folder although I have
not checked this myself.
12 answers Last reply
More about update version

    Is this available in the U.S.??? I just tried to do an update and it said
    the latest version was already installed.

    "Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
    > Internet browser works. I can't check my email on BTYahoo as it keeps
    > saying
    > my browser is Netscape 4. But I can login to the portal.
    > I don't like the keyboard on it, its really cumbersome and its like trying
    > to do text messages on a mobile. I would much prefer it if the keyboard
    > was
    > laid out qwerty style. Takes so long to type an address that really I
    > don't
    > think its going to be of any great use to be honest. Its good to have the
    > function there just in case, but I doubt I will be a regular user of it.
    > The PSP gets quite warm when online but that is expected.
    > Nice to see the themes added. Well not exactly themes, but we can change
    > the colour of the backgrounds instead of having same colour for each
    > month.
    > Wallpaper I have not tried and shall await to see whether its true that it
    > may cause pixels problems. I doubt it will but better safe than sorry.
    > Thats about it really, I haven't tested the music or video stuff.
    > Looking at gamefaqs, seems that you can download things to the memory card
    > from websites. People have managed to download MP3 and other things. MP3
    > goes to music folder and other stuff goes to Common folder although I have
    > not checked this myself.

    I heard that you could download the update from a PSP website, but i dont
    know which one, I will however look around for it.

    That's either how she got it or hers is a Japanese PSP, as they've only
    released it to japan online.

    --Brenden

    "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    >I heard that you could download the update from a PSP website, but i dont
    >know which one, I will however look around for it.

    Here you go B:

    http://www.psp-hacks.com/

    This has a direct link as well as explaining what is entailed in the update.

    "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I heard that you could download the update from a PSP website, but i dont
    >>know which one, I will however look around for it.
    >
    > Here you go B:
    >
    > http://www.psp-hacks.com/
    >
    > This has a direct link as well as explaining what is entailed in the
    > update.

    I just went to the JP playstation site and got it. Thanks though... i posted
    my findings too. I think people might trust the official site more.

    --Brenden

    > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>I heard that you could download the update from a PSP website, but i dont
    >>>know which one, I will however look around for it.
    >>
    >> Here you go B:
    >>
    >> http://www.psp-hacks.com/
    >>
    >> This has a direct link as well as explaining what is entailed in the
    >> update.
    >
    > I just went to the JP playstation site and got it. Thanks though... i
    > posted my findings too. I think people might trust the official site more.
    >
    > --Brenden

    No prob. The link I posted has a direct link to the Sony site with
    instructions in English.

    >>> That's either how she got it or hers is a Japanese PSP, as they've only
    >>> released it to japan online.
    >>>
    >>> --Brenden
    >>>

    >>> "Rowdy J" <jkehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    I just updated with the 2.0 update from off the Japan PSP website. It works.
    I even tested to make sure that you could play Region 1 movies. Spiderman 2
    works just like it always has.

    I used google to translate the JP site for easier finding of the update.
    http://www.google.com/language_tools

    Here is a direct link to the file
    http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/jp/2005_0727_62f6d3d18038f463092e3d6653fae195/EBOOT.PBP

    I understand that you may not trust my link, but you can get to it through
    the translation tool on google, change the setting on the bottom of the page
    to japanese to english BETA, and then type in www.playstation.com and press
    enter. once on the playstation site click on japan, and you can find the
    update in the psp section. It wasnt too hard to find. Or you can just use my
    link. But i understand if you dont trust it.

    I know its against the rules to post pictures and attach files, but i
    thought i would, just to show you that it works.

    Have fun!!

    --Brenden

    ps - i removed the photo from this one because my news reader didnt like
    it.. or something.. who knows it might still show up.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Here you go B:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.psp-hacks.com/
    >>>
    >>> This has a direct link as well as explaining what is entailed in the
    >>> update.
    >>
    >> I just went to the JP playstation site and got it. Thanks though... i
    >> posted my findings too. I think people might trust the official site
    >> more.
    >>
    >> --Brenden
    >>

    > No prob. The link I posted has a direct link to the Sony site with
    > instructions in English.

    Its the same direct link i gave, they just posted the english instructions
    on their site. Its all good, i got it. lol. i just wanted to share the
    wealth. Unfortunately i tried sending a photo to prove it, and the photo
    killed the post. maybe it will show up later, who knows. but i just reposted
    without the photo afterward. I still would trust going to the site myself
    over any other site out there. I'm sure some would agree, especially when it
    comes to upgrading bios/firmware. Not all link you click on are what they
    seem. Better safe than sorry. Either way people have choices. I'm just
    enjoying my webbrowsing. i have to admit its pretty cool, but i dont think
    i can get the resizing of the page to stick when i close and come back.
    that's a downer.

    --Brenden

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

    >>> I just went to the JP playstation site and got it. Thanks though... i
    >>> posted my findings too. I think people might trust the official site
    >>> more.
    >>>
    >>> --Brenden
    >>>

    >> No prob. The link I posted has a direct link to the Sony site with
    >> instructions in English.
    >
    > Its the same direct link i gave, they just posted the english instructions
    > on their site. Its all good, i got it. lol. i just wanted to share the
    > wealth. Unfortunately i tried sending a photo to prove it, and the photo
    > killed the post. maybe it will show up later, who knows. but i just
    > reposted without the photo afterward. I still would trust going to the
    > site myself over any other site out there. I'm sure some would agree,
    > especially when it comes to upgrading bios/firmware. Not all link you
    > click on are what they seem. Better safe than sorry. Either way people
    > have choices. I'm just enjoying my webbrowsing. i have to admit its
    > pretty cool, but i dont think i can get the resizing of the page to stick
    > when i close and come back. that's a downer.
    >
    > --Brenden

    The reason I posted the PSP-hacks link was also because that same page had a
    pretty awesome stand-alone browser. I am going to do the 2.0 update on my
    wife's PSP and then mess around with the new browser on mine.

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> No prob. The link I posted has a direct link to the Sony site with
    >>> instructions in English.
    >>
    >> Its the same direct link i gave, they just posted the english
    >> instructions on their site. Its all good, i got it. lol. i just wanted to
    >> share the wealth. Unfortunately i tried sending a photo to prove it, and
    >> the photo killed the post. maybe it will show up later, who knows. but i
    >> just reposted without the photo afterward. I still would trust going to
    >> the site myself over any other site out there. I'm sure some would agree,
    >> especially when it comes to upgrading bios/firmware. Not all link you
    >> click on are what they seem. Better safe than sorry. Either way people
    >> have choices. I'm just enjoying my webbrowsing. i have to admit its
    >> pretty cool, but i dont think i can get the resizing of the page to stick
    >> when i close and come back. that's a downer.
    >>
    >> --Brenden
    >>

    > The reason I posted the PSP-hacks link was also because that same page had
    > a pretty awesome stand-alone browser. I am going to do the 2.0 update on
    > my wife's PSP and then mess around with the new browser on mine.

    Well you could have mentioned that previously... lol I updated both mine
    and my girlfriends tonight. :(

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

    >>> Its the same direct link i gave, they just posted the english
    >>> instructions on their site. Its all good, i got it. lol. i just wanted
    >>> to share the wealth. Unfortunately i tried sending a photo to prove it,
    >>> and the photo killed the post. maybe it will show up later, who knows.
    >>> but i just reposted without the photo afterward. I still would trust
    >>> going to the site myself over any other site out there. I'm sure some
    >>> would agree, especially when it comes to upgrading bios/firmware. Not
    >>> all link you click on are what they seem. Better safe than sorry.
    >>> Either way people have choices. I'm just enjoying my webbrowsing. i
    >>> have to admit its pretty cool, but i dont think i can get the resizing
    >>> of the page to stick when i close and come back. that's a downer.
    >>>
    >>> --Brenden
    >>>

    >> The reason I posted the PSP-hacks link was also because that same page
    >> had a pretty awesome stand-alone browser. I am going to do the 2.0
    >> update on my wife's PSP and then mess around with the new browser on
    >> mine.
    >>

    > Well you could have mentioned that previously... lol I updated both mine
    > and my girlfriends tonight. :(

    Hence my link. :)

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Brenden D. Chase wrote:
    > I heard that you could download the update from a PSP website, but i
    > dont know which one, I will however look around for it.
    >
    > That's either how she got it or hers is a Japanese PSP, as they've
    > only released it to japan online.

    Correct, mine is a Japanese version.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Rowdy J wrote:
    > Is this available in the U.S.??? I just tried to do an update and it
    > said the latest version was already installed.

    Available from the website I think.

Console Gaming Video Games