How to deep clean my old microsoft trackball?

immaxx

Honorable
May 2, 2012
hi there-

i've had this thumb trackball for years and i love it...

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Trackball-Optical-trackball-optical/dp/B00004Y7MT

anyway, as you can see it's super expensive/impossible to replace and my M1 button has begun to stick, making my gaming very aggravating.

i wondered if there was anyone that could tell me how to clean underneath the button without breaking it? would anyone know if i can pop off the button and clean underneath or something like that?

any tips are appreciated.

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Put it in the dishwasher. Let it dry. Spray button with "Tuner Cleaner" from radio shack or some 3M contact spray. Keep it away from the heating element in DW.
Used to clean all kinds of electonics this way. Even $10K items. Make sure it is dry before you turn it back on.

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
I used to work for an aircraft company. We washed digital volt meters, counters, powersuplies and all kinds of high ticket items. Worked fine. It should dry in 24 hours unless it is completly sealed or you live in very high humidity area. Old paper or cardboard caps could be a problem. We sprayed them with a sealer. I dont think there are many around anymore.

sk1939

Distinguished

I wash keyboards in the sink the same way, just clean them with dish soap and let them dry.

TRENDING THREADS