Sign in with
Your question

Headphone Issue

Last response: in Components
May 2, 2012 8:16:35 PM

Okay so basically the problem with my headphones is that the sound that SHOULD be coming from the left headphone is coming from the right and vice-versa. There are a few irregularities however. This only occurs when I am playing some games on my PC. When I use it normally for Youtube, watching movies, etc. The headphones are not switched. Because of this, I am CERTAIN this is a software issue, but I don't have a clue. Another important note is that this has happened to every headphone I have ever used on this PC so it is not a headphone related issue.
Any advice/solutions would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
(I'm very sorry about the 3 reposts of this. Everytime I posted it said the website was down so I kept trying.)

More about : headphone issue

May 2, 2012 8:48:49 PM

Reverse Stereo? About the only thing I can think of. Might want to check the game options/.ini file to see if its somehow enabled.
May 2, 2012 8:57:43 PM

TheMarkedOne said:
Okay so basically the problem with my headphones is that the sound that SHOULD be coming from the left headphone is coming from the right and vice-versa. There are a few irregularities however. This only occurs when I am playing some games on my PC. When I use it normally for Youtube, watching movies, etc. The headphones are not switched. Because of this, I am CERTAIN this is a software issue, but I don't have a clue. Another important note is that this has happened to every headphone I have ever used on this PC so it is not a headphone related issue.
Thank you.
(I'm very sorry about the 3 reposts of this. Everytime I posted it said the website was down so I kept trying.)

Are you sure your headphones aren't on backwards?
Related resources
May 2, 2012 9:13:04 PM

TheMarkedOne said:
Thank you.

I use headphones for all my rigs and my TV also and I'm wondering how you come to these conclusions and also why you care.
May 2, 2012 9:34:04 PM

Hi :) 

Sorry I cannot resist....

Turn them round lol ????

All the best Brett :) 
May 2, 2012 9:57:43 PM

Ok. Please may I have some decent answers?
I am not THIS brain-dead about hardware.
May 2, 2012 9:59:46 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Sorry I cannot resist....

Turn them round lol ????

All the best Brett :) 

That would be great if I didn't have a mic.
But I do.
So that won't work.
Because I have a mic.
May 2, 2012 10:00:18 PM

sk1939 said:
Are you sure your headphones aren't on backwards?

Did you even read the post?
I said it only changes when I'm in a game.
May 2, 2012 10:11:21 PM

ram1009 said:
I use headphones for all my rigs and my TV also and I'm wondering how you come to these conclusions and also why you care.

"I use headphones for all my rigs and my TV also" What has that to do with anything?
"how you come to these conclusions and also why you care." How did I come to these conclusions? I used my ear. Is it really that hard to understand?
And why do I care? Because I want to hear things where they should be. Is that also hard to understand?
May 2, 2012 11:05:47 PM

TheMarkedOne said:
"I use headphones for all my rigs and my TV also" What has that to do with anything?

I thought it important that you know that I am familiar with headset usage and issues.

"how you come to these conclusions and also why you care." How did I come to these conclusions? I used my ear. Is it really that hard to understand?Yes, actually. While listening to music you certainly have no way to know where the oboe is. I use a wireless headset for TV viewing and occasionally put them on backwards. I don't notice any obvious difference.

And why do I care? Because I want to hear things where they should be. Is that also hard to understand?
Well, I say again, how do you know where any given sound is coming from? I grant you that occasionally in a game I can tell the difference but if that's your only issue then reverse them. I have seen some audio drivers that allow reversal.[/#ff0019]

May 3, 2012 1:04:59 AM

TheMarkedOne said:
"how you come to these conclusions and also why you care." How did I come to these conclusions? I used my ear. Is it really that hard to understand?

Make sure that you do not have channel reversal enable in the game. Since it only occurs during the game, it has something to do with the game.
May 3, 2012 6:20:34 PM

ram1009 said:
Well, I say again, how do you know where any given sound is coming from? I grant you that occasionally in a game I can tell the difference but if that's your only issue then reverse them. I have seen some audio drivers that allow reversal.[/#ff0019]

You're being VERY pedantic about this. No..I am not listening to music. I am listening to THE GAME and ONLY the game.
"I don't notice any obvious difference. " That is quite worrying... If you can't notice that a bang is coming from the right or left, then that sounds like a hearing issue. You ear is designed for this. It's part of survival.
May 4, 2012 12:03:57 AM

I like how people are trying to help you but you refuse to accept anyone's answer and instead shoot them all down. in all seriousness, put them on the other way... why does it matter if you have a mic which side it is on? do you really talk louder out of the right side of your mouth?
!