RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600
HDD: Barracuda 500 GB SATA
MOBO: Z77 Pro3 1155 ATX Intel
GPU: XFX HD-685X-ZCFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W
OPTICAL DRIVE: LG 22X Super-Multi DVD Burner
MONITOR: LG 22" E2241
CASE: Antec 300

Alright, so everything is IN my case, everything's hooked into the MOBO, and a few things are tentatively connected to the PSU... however, it looks like my PSU is hosting a family of burmese pythons; there are a LOT of cables, some of them with multiple jacks on one... cable? I guess that's to give me options? Anyhow, I'm wondering if I can just jack everything into the PSU with the jack that fits/matches, or if this nest of cables features different voltage options that I need to be aware of or something.

I mean... could it have killed Corsair to include some kind of diagram?? Is there a PSU fan-jack that i need to hook into the MOBO, along with the big giant one? Help please, and forgive my frustration... :pfff:

Solution
8 pin from PSU to MOBO (what's this for?) The webpage linked says that the PCI Express one is usually used for video cards, but I've already got that covered in the above point. Do you mean the EPS cable?
Yes, he means the 8-pin EPS power connector that provides stable power for the CPU. Top center of the mobo right next to the RAM slots.
It makes me realize why I choose semi-modular anymore. Okay, you have two each 6+2 pin connectors... those will go into the GPU the single 8 pin connector goes into the motherboard next to the ram the 24 pin... only one place to put that, the long thin cables are SATA power (for optical drives/hard drives etc...) the 4 pin molex go to fans and periferies... hope it helps

Velti

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
THANK YOU. I love you guys. In the same vein, I hooked my chassis fans into the MOBO- should I hook them into the CPU instead??

EDIT: Did some quick Googling- stick them into the PSU- got it!

Actually better to hook them into the mob if you have the fan headers. That allows you to control fan speeds and the resulting noise with a great little program like Speedfan. If you plug fans into the PSUs 4 pin molex connectors, then they will run at full speed all the time....and at full loudness...

Velti

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012

So, to clarify...

> 6x2 pins from PSU to GPU
> 8 pin from PSU to MOBO (what's this for?) The webpage linked says that the PCI Express one is usually used for video cards, but I've already got that covered in the above point. Do you mean the EPS cable?
> 24 pin... already in! PSU to MOBO
> SATA's for things who's power jack is a SATA
> Itty bitty 4 pin molex for the two fans on the case

> And then...try to get everything else out of the way?

EDIT: Thanks, Rugger! I'll check out SpeedFan.. wait, does that mean if I hook them into the MOBO, I HAVE to use a program like SpeedFan in order to make them worK? They already have little switches that allows me to set them at low/medium/high speed..

8 pin from PSU to MOBO (what's this for?) The webpage linked says that the PCI Express one is usually used for video cards, but I've already got that covered in the above point. Do you mean the EPS cable?
Yes, he means the 8-pin EPS power connector that provides stable power for the CPU. Top center of the mobo right next to the RAM slots.

Solution