A recommendation on a new graphics card with old DP35DP Intel motherboard

Hello,
Looking for a recommendation for a new graphics card which will run on my existing intel DP35DP motherboard.
Just got Skyrim and I definitly need a better one. I currently have GEFORCE 8600GT.
Thanks!
10 answers Last reply
More about recommendation graphics card dp35dp intel motherboard
  1. Hello.
    It would help if we know your powersupply, resolution and budget.
  2. And your processor. ( and speed )
  3. I tried finding out the Watts on my power supply but couldn't. It's an RB-550 and I think its 550watts.
    Processor - Intel core 2 quad Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
    Resolution - hmm. I'm currently working at 1280x1024
    Many thanks!
  4. As far as budget - I think that won't be the constraint - rather the motherboard and power supply probably will...
    Thanks again
  5. After some research with my limited abilities I've come up with this one - AMD Radeon™ HD 6570 Graphics.

I'm looking for something that will sustain me for 6 months or so before I completely upgrade my computer.

Again, budget is not the issue but the limits of my mother-board and power supply (which I wouldn't like to temper with)
  6. Or maybe this one, quite a bit faster and around the same price i believe ( maybe 5 or 10 bucks more ) ; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150542
  7. +1 to 6670 but you should not buy card ri8 now stick to 8600gt if u r changing this pc after 6 months but if u have money then buy it
  8. Thanks guys.
  9. One more questions please -
    the 6770 requires a "450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors"

Is that 75w 6-pin PCI connector essential? I don't think I have one. Just the "traditional" connectors. In that case - Should I go with the 6570?
    Thanks again
  10. The 6670 doesn't need one, the 6770 does, but you can use a molex adapter for that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel Motherboards Graphics Product