IE shortcut cannot be deleted

After installing XP SP2, the Internet explorer shortcut is
always persistent and cannot be deleted however I try.
The situation is as follows:
- Turn on the "Destop toolbar" by right click on the
explorer bar, select toolbar -> desktop
- There is always an internet explorer icon in the desktop
toolbar. After deleting it, it appears again.
1 answer Last reply
More about shortcut deleted

    "Ricky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | After installing XP SP2, the Internet explorer shortcut is
    | always persistent and cannot be deleted however I try.
    | The situation is as follows:
    | - Turn on the "Destop toolbar" by right click on the
    | explorer bar, select toolbar -> desktop
    | - There is always an internet explorer icon in the desktop
    | toolbar. After deleting it, it appears again.

    Save Settings on Exit (Line 54)

    Save the .REG File to a hard disk.
    Double click the .REG File; answer yes to the "Registry Editor" prompt.
    (To view a REG file in Notepad, right click on the file, then select Edit.)

Configuration Internet Explorer Customization Windows XP