Need Help! First Build, HDD shows in BIOS but not in Win7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostXI

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hello all,

So, I have my system up and running (first build wooo!) and the SSD is working awesome, I have sucsessfully installed win7 64bit on the drive no problems. My issue is I cant figure out how to set up my secondary drive WD Green 750 GB, it shows up in the BIOS after I get to the advanced menu but right before the whole OS boots up it displays hard drive not detected? And as a result its not recognized by the OS in My Comp.

I have it connected on the MOBO via a 3G/b sata connection and the proper sata connection from the power supply. Like I said EVERYTHING is working great except the HDD. Is there a specific way to configure it for storage, because as of now its only showing up in the BIOS.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Right click My Computer and choose Manage, you should see Disk-management near the bottom of that list.

Initialize/format your disk here and it will be available for normal use.

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Right click My Computer and choose Manage, you should see Disk-management near the bottom of that list.

Initialize/format your disk here and it will be available for normal use.

Solution

gopher1369

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
You need to go into computer management and add it:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Install-or-remove-a-hard-disk-drive

" Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management.‌ Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management, and then look for the new drive."

Status
Not open for further replies.