Uses: home use, light - medium gaming (LoL, Dota2, Dungeon Defenders, some easy MMOs on medium settings...), possibly converting it to a HTPC sometime down the road...
Budget: hoping $500-$600 total (including $165 from VC and PSU)
Specs I'm shooting for in the prebuilt:
- Intel Core i3-2100, or equivalent/better (flexible)
- 4+ gigs of RAM, extra slots a plus so I can upgrade later
- Gigabit LAN, wireless
- 500+ GB HD
- as many USB ports I can get...the proposed Gateway has 10
- under $400 pre-tax if possible, $450 to $500 max (like a good deal on an i5 or i7 )
- anyone have experience with this tower before?
- any compatibility issues, ie mobo compatibility with the VC, tower size not large enough for VC?
- cooling issues? worst come to worst, i leave the tower open and i use a personal fan to cool the entire inside of the comp.