Still need help none helped me on last thread :(

theitaliansico

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
im thinking about buying a monitor and i was wondering will a 24 inch be good for wathcing tv/playing xbox games, and mainly as a computer display.
I dont want to spend the 300$ on a 27 inch instead 200 for a 24 inch seems a much better deal here are the two monitors. Which do you think i should get?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6824236049
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6824236091

also is led backlight important because both of these monitors have an upgraded LED backlight model for like an extra 20$

DM186

Splendid
Why don't you look at a TV that you can hook up your computer to and be able to play Xbox360 and watch TV. I know on my 32" I can hook up a computer to it. The 24" and 27" TV LCD's come in all prices. Just my two cents worth. Good luck

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
24" monitor will work fine, I recently bought a 24" viewsonic LED 1080P 2ms monitor that comes equipped with two HDMI ports on the back. It is a phenomenal monitor. I upgraded to that from a 42" HDTV. The problem with using a TV opposed to an actual PC monitor comes down to settings. I always struggled with reading my TV when using the computer for tasks other than gaming. The icons and texts has to be constantly adjusted, of course this all depends on the distance that you will be from the screen.

The good news is that if you head over the geeks.com you can buy excellent refurbished monitors for great prices. I bought mine for $149 with free shipping, it comes down to if your okay with buying refurbished, I have no problems. I hope this helps

DM186

Splendid
You help me out I didn't know all that. I guess I didn't have my computer hooked up long enough to experience those problems. When I was hook up I didn't have all those problems but it was to far away and again I didn't have it hooked up for more than two days. So yes I did learn something from Rage33. Thank you