I agree. If anything it seems XFX is the not so great brand. I don't own one but I have seem people complain about cheap quality parts, cards randomly taking a dump on the user after only owning the card for a short time and horrible customer service and RMA process.

well i think some people like XFX because of their customer service and warranty deals like double life time warranty :p. i think sapphire product is good but their customer service is not so. i heard a few story where people have difficulty when doing RMA process with sapphire.

perfectblue

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
I have no idea where you get idea: "But just about EVERYONE who has a 6850 has the XFX one" :D

Sapphire got one of the best voltage regulators (over-clockable) in their cards for AMD. Check their "TOXIC" lines of cards anywhere in the web for clarification.

Cant ignore their legendary 6950's which you could unlock to 6970..... I missed it so regret now :(

Ace_Topspeed

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

I havent yet tested any other sapphire products but This Saphhire Graphic Card is really annoying, my old Point of View Geforce 9500 GT 1GB DDR2 works much better and smoother than my new HD6450 Sappihre 2GB DDR3, its cheap but useless, it overheats itself (90 degreese Celcius) & overheats my motherboard too (60 degree Celcius which 45 is normal) and takes the pressure off the CPU (I have a core i3 2100 3.1GHZ) that even the GPU does not Co-Operate with the 2nd Generation Intel Core CPU's!When I play my own Modificated GTA IVU visit web site for info: gtaivunlimited.webs.com , after 5 minutes, everything dissapears, i had paid much for my new Core i3 system, but i noticed that without a good graphic, it is useless!

mohit9206

Distinguished
well reading the review on the sapphire hd6850 from the link almost everyone is having problems with that particular card.. so i suggest you stay away from sapphire for THAT particular card.. go for xfx.. even better go for HIS.. i too have sapphire and the display driver has stopped responding and has recovered error comes to me too but only when i overclock my card to its limits.. otherwise sapphire is a very nice brand

XFX used to be one of the very best top tier brands until it switched from Nvidia to ATI/AMD then Nvidia stopped selling them gpus and so their quality started sinking fast. Now days XFX is best avoided and Sapphire isn't the best either but once in a while they do make some of the best cards on the market but also some of the worst when it comes to quality.