Gtx 570 problem recognizing?

flooosh

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
i build my first gaming computer like 2 months ago and was working flawlessly i had an enormous amount of dust build up and went to go de dust and i unplugged the power after turning it off and then the internet and hdmi cables i went and did what i could whith a vacum hose after realizing i didn't have compressed air. i went and plugged in my cables . by the way the hdmi cable plugged into a little adapter that when into the graphics card, i turned it on and no hdmi imput showed on the monitor and it wouldnt work i checked the card and the fans where on so i was confused and thought it was my hdmi cable or the output thing on the graphics card or the adapter shme from the card to hdmi cable i then decided to try pluggging a dvi cable into my motherboard the computer booted but said no graphics card was found i tried going back and forth plugging in things checking to see if the computer recognised it untill i restarted it and the graphics where back this was dvi to motherboard i went to play mw3 and wow but the game was way lagged and concluded the cable being plugged not directly into my graphics card was the problem also the computer was saying my video card was an intel hd family grahics card not an invidea gtx 570. so i pluged the dvi cable into one of the 2 dvi (im pretty sure) outputs on the video card and the when i rebooted the monitor didn't show up anything si tried the dvi to vga adapter the card came with but that also didn't work. any ideas to troble shoot or fix would be great.

Did you plug the power cables back into the video card , the 6 pin and the 8 pin ? Or if they weren't unplugged in the first place were they loosened up by your cleaning , maybe you can unplug them and then plug them back in. The same goes for the card being seated in the slot , if you would unplug the power supply from the wall outlet then remove the video card from the slot and then put it back in making sure it is seated all the way and the 6 and 8 pin power connectors seated all the way then plug the power supply back in.

flooosh

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011

so it looks like one 6 pin pce e power cord wasnt pluged after trying to boot no display when dvi pluged into motherboard i tried unlugging the video card and boots without it working fully because i unplugged it

flooosh

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
i plug in my graphics card and boot no display unplug pci-e 6 pins boot and displays good quiality but isn't fast and doesn't recognise nvidia card im thinking because its unplugged need help fixing

when you unplug the 6 pci-e pin the card only draw power from the PCI-E lanes. you can boot up but the card can't get enough power to run at its full speed. i suspect your psu can't provide enough power when you connect the 6 pin power connector to your card. what is your entire system spec?