Gigabyte 1gb Radeon 6950 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamaismine

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
Hi I recently switched from Nvidia to AMD because my motherboard does not have sli. I set up all the drivers and installed everything to the latest drivers through the amd site, but when I check my video card, it only says 6900 series and when I go onto canurunit, it says I only have 752.1mb instead of 1gb. Lastly the temp for my 6950 doesn't show up on speed fan. I realize that these aren't the biggest problems, but does anyone know why?

Solution
"I set up all the drivers and installed everything to the latest drivers through the amd site, but when I check my video card, it only says 6900 series"

It doesn't need to differentiate as the driver is for the entire 6900 series. Don't worry you have the right driver.

"when I go onto canurunit, it says I only have 752.1mb instead of 1gb"

Canurunit is unreliable. It drops a file onto your computer and tries to assess your computer's performance. Innacurately. Go to 'yougamers' and it will say different, as it analyses your actual hardware.

"Lastly the temp for my 6950 doesn't show up on speed fan."

Download GPU-Z (google it) install and run. Under the sensors tab will be given the temperature. If that doesn't display - there may be...

Gumption

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
"I set up all the drivers and installed everything to the latest drivers through the amd site, but when I check my video card, it only says 6900 series"

It doesn't need to differentiate as the driver is for the entire 6900 series. Don't worry you have the right driver.

"when I go onto canurunit, it says I only have 752.1mb instead of 1gb"

Canurunit is unreliable. It drops a file onto your computer and tries to assess your computer's performance. Innacurately. Go to 'yougamers' and it will say different, as it analyses your actual hardware.

"Lastly the temp for my 6950 doesn't show up on speed fan."

Download GPU-Z (google it) install and run. Under the sensors tab will be given the temperature. If that doesn't display - there may be a problem with the sensor. But try that first.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.