Fx 8120 crosshair v build

tl288

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I just wanted to say that i installed one fx 8120 cpu, one asus crosshair v w/o proper bios which i ordered from asus in the mail and installed myself, four sticks of crucial 9-9-9-24? i think sport 4g ea, one kuhler 920, one kaze four bank temp fan control, one 3.5 3.0 usb expansion bank, two aerocool shark blue fans 120mm,one asus dvd/cd rw 24x, one kx 1000 psu and two hd 7770 oc fr gigabyte w crossfire engaged and I have not had one problem with any item not functioning at start off, the kuhler fans ran a little slow at first till i got windows 7 installed and then the kuhler display up and runnin, it behooves one to install temp probes on the critical areas with digital readouts to watch the temps as you install and dial in without the aid of an operating system, and to shut down if you see too much heat. All items were purchased locally, fry's and microcenter to be exact. The case is a Raidmax Platinum large mid tower. This is my second build in four years, If I can do it, you can do it, three weeks of purchasing and three weeks of reading forums and reviews. I hope this helps anyone who is having doubts about the quality of goods on the shelves and information in the forums, if you understand what you read take your time, it aint no big deal. You will enjoy the finished product. I am, breakdown on cost and performance soon to come, it runs smashingly rt now, I need to purchase a worthy few monitors next.

tl288

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

BTW 400g seagate barracuda 7.2 sata, used running fine...