USB Keyboard Woes

mugable

Honorable
May 3, 2012
All right so a couple weeks ago I ordered a logitech g110 gaming keyboard.
It arrives and I promptly try to set it up.
It works in bios but when i get to starting windows it turns off and doesn't come back on.
I tried numerous fixes suggest from a logitech support rep to no avail.
I know the keyboard works because it worked just fine PnP on another system I have.
I figure to hell with it, I'll RMA and get something else. Maybe it's just a logitech issue.
So in exchange I get a razer lycosa.
Well guess what. Works fine in the bios, but when I get to starting windows it turns off, then back on but is unresponsive.
The backlight dimming touch button works just fine but the keys are unresponsive.
My bios is up to date and all drivers are as well as far as I know.
I've tried using it without drivers and with drivers both to no avail.
The funny part is the usb hub on the lycosa functions just fine. I've test on multiple ports to make sure none are faulty.
I think I might just be cursed.

System specs:
i5-2500k clocked at 4.2ghz
msi p67 gd53 (b3) mobo
8gigs corsair xms3 ddr3 1333hz
60gb ocz vertex 3 ssd boot drive
500gb wd storage drive
win7 64bit

any suggestions would be helpful. thanks!

mathew7

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Try to change the USB legacy option. With the option enabled, the BIOS will emulate the USB keyboard as a PS/2 keyboard for things like OS selection, DOS boot. I've had a system that would block windows from using the emulated keyboard (some kind of compatibility). The BIOS should still work, but be prepared with a PS/2 keyboard (or adapter) just in case.

PS: did you try to unplug and replug the keyboard, maybe in a different slot, while in Windows? This is not a long-term solution, but the KB should work.

mugable

Honorable
May 3, 2012

I have tried all of those things.
Whether legacy is enabled or disabled the keyboard still responds in the same manner.
When i move to a different usb port, i get a weird triple beep. Similar to the sound you would get when plugging in a usb device but like it's skipping.

mathew7

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

Did you also try the front panel ports? Reason: the chipset has 2 USB controllers, the back ports are probably hooked to the 1st one and some pin headers (can't say if all) could be connected to the second. And I'm thinking maybe 1 controller is "locked", although changing the BIOS should have made it work.