Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Audio/MIDI Sound Card Suggestions?

Last response: in Components
May 3, 2012 7:25:40 AM

Hi all

I'm looking into getting a sound card for recording and producing purposes and was hoping someone might be able to suggest to me an Audio/MIDI interface that can satisfy the following requirements:

4 X MIDI inputs
4 X MIDI outputs
2 X XLR inputs
Reference Headphone Jacks prepherably
Phantom Power

I don't mind what interface it has with connecting to the computer

Any suggestions that meet these specs or a little bit more or less would be most welcome!!!
May 3, 2012 7:55:06 AM

Xonar...
m
l
May 3, 2012 8:35:16 AM

What software are you planning on using this with?
m
l
Related resources
May 3, 2012 8:52:10 AM

Im planning to be using Sibelius 7 and Avid Pro tools MP9 as my software, though i havent looked greatly into it. Why does it matter which software I use?
m
l
May 3, 2012 10:00:39 AM

Pleaes check if these software lists any compatibility issues with Xonar cards. Some software producers list cards, which imply that they tested their software using those cards and worked fine.
m
l
May 3, 2012 12:30:51 PM

Um...No Xonar has the inputs the OP requires.

Frankly, you should look more toward M-Audio or other brands that focus more on audio input. Cards exist, but I'm not very familliar with them.
m
l

Best solution

May 3, 2012 3:41:44 PM

Met4lF4ce said:
Im planning to be using Sibelius 7 and Avid Pro tools MP9 as my software, though i havent looked greatly into it. Why does it matter which software I use?

Mostly compatibility.

Do NOT get the Xonar, it will not do what you want it to do.

I would recommend the M-Audio Delta 1010LT, but I don't think it provides phantom power. The best option to get the connectivity you are looking for would be to get a separate MIDI interface like the M-Audio MIDISport 2x2 (or the MOTU Micro Express USB if you need more than 2x2 MIDI), and an external audio interface like the MOTU 4pre, or the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid. Alternatively, if you don't already have a mixer, you could always get a digital mixer, or a mixer with an audio interface built in (like the Mackie Onyx series) as well.
May 13, 2012 1:30:31 PM

Best answer selected by Met4lF4ce.
m
l
!