Solved

Audio/MIDI Sound Card Suggestions?

Hi all

I'm looking into getting a sound card for recording and producing purposes and was hoping someone might be able to suggest to me an Audio/MIDI interface that can satisfy the following requirements:

4 X MIDI inputs
4 X MIDI outputs
2 X XLR inputs
Reference Headphone Jacks prepherably
Phantom Power

I don't mind what interface it has with connecting to the computer

Any suggestions that meet these specs or a little bit more or less would be most welcome!!!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about audio midi sound card suggestions
  1. Xonar...
  2. What software are you planning on using this with?
  3. Please see this tread on this site...it is all about Xonar cards

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/foru [...] asus-xonar
  4. Im planning to be using Sibelius 7 and Avid Pro tools MP9 as my software, though i havent looked greatly into it. Why does it matter which software I use?
  5. Pleaes check if these software lists any compatibility issues with Xonar cards. Some software producers list cards, which imply that they tested their software using those cards and worked fine.
  6. Um...No Xonar has the inputs the OP requires.

Frankly, you should look more toward M-Audio or other brands that focus more on audio input. Cards exist, but I'm not very familliar with them.
  7. Best answer
    Met4lF4ce said:
    Im planning to be using Sibelius 7 and Avid Pro tools MP9 as my software, though i havent looked greatly into it. Why does it matter which software I use?

Mostly compatibility.

Do NOT get the Xonar, it will not do what you want it to do.

I would recommend the M-Audio Delta 1010LT, but I don't think it provides phantom power. The best option to get the connectivity you are looking for would be to get a separate MIDI interface like the M-Audio MIDISport 2x2 (or the MOTU Micro Express USB if you need more than 2x2 MIDI), and an external audio interface like the MOTU 4pre, or the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid. Alternatively, if you don't already have a mixer, you could always get a digital mixer, or a mixer with an audio interface built in (like the Mackie Onyx series) as well.
  8. Best answer selected by Met4lF4ce.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards MIDI Audio Components