Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will these components work together?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 3, 2012 7:33:42 AM

I bought the following items and wanted to make sure there won't be any issues with the voltages of the ram and CPU or anything I couldn't think of.

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for the help!


Edit: New Motherboard.

More about : components work

a c 78 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2012 8:04:24 AM

Yes they will BUT, theres no point in getting a 2600k processor with an H61 chipset motherboard as H61s do not have overclocking support. Ideally you want to look at Z68 or Z77 chipsets.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 3, 2012 8:39:29 AM

nekulturny said:
Yes they will BUT, theres no point in getting a 2600k processor with an H61 chipset motherboard as H61s do not have overclocking support. Ideally you want to look at Z68 or Z77 chipsets.


So I cant OC at ALL? Just just not very well?
m
0
l
May 3, 2012 9:18:41 AM



RAM issue will occur:-
Your motherboard is only capable of supporting DDR3 1333MHz of speed and you are getting a 1600Mhz speed which will not at all let you to even work on it properly. :sweat: 

So change your memory speed to 1333 Mhz and they it will not give you any trouble. :) 

Will you like to overclock your processor really?
m
0
l
May 4, 2012 12:01:34 AM

Edited for a new motherboard since the old one had no OC.
m
0
l
May 4, 2012 5:48:44 AM

zukster said:
Edited for a new motherboard since the old one had no OC.

This motherboard is pretty good and will let you get the maximum output from hardware.
m
0
l
May 4, 2012 5:55:07 AM

zukster said:
I bought the following items and wanted to make sure there won't be any issues with the voltages of the ram and CPU or anything I couldn't think of.

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for the help!


Edit: New Motherboard.

Now this setup will definitely work fine and pretty responsive.

If you like to save some $$ then you can go for i5-2500k if you require it for gaming as well as clocks pretty well. :D 
m
0
l
!