Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nvidia- display driver stopped responding but has recovered

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 22, 2011 5:44:22 AM

Hello,

I recently D/L the most recent drivers for my GeForce 9800 GTX (XPS730).

I could not get it to install. I called Nvidia an they instructed me to install older drivers.

Now I keep getting "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered". Seems it occurs whenever graphics get demanding. My guess? The driver the had me install is to old. I am very angry at Nvidia, everything was working great until I tried to install their most recent drivers. They blame it on my Windows 7, but it handled the previous drivers fine.

Help!
a b Î Nvidia
November 22, 2011 5:52:08 AM

Go to their website and download the drivers :lol: 
Score

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
November 22, 2011 6:00:38 AM

tried clean driver install and see if the same problem persist. also you could try driver version 280 and below.
Related resources
November 30, 2011 4:44:29 AM

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help out. I spent about an hour on the phone with a level II tech rep with Nvidia. Ray was extremely knowledgeable and we tried several different clean and manual installs, still no joy. I have not lost faith in Nvidia because it sounds like it could of been a very rare instance of video card damaged by driver, and they may work out a deal to help me replace it.

In the event they don't, I am open to any other ideas, even though the tech reps seem to agree that my 9800GX2 is fried.

Thanks again,
J
Score
November 30, 2011 4:59:06 AM

Best answer selected by islandcop.
Score
!