Closed Solved

Nvidia- display driver stopped responding but has recovered

Hello,

I recently D/L the most recent drivers for my GeForce 9800 GTX (XPS730).

I could not get it to install. I called Nvidia an they instructed me to install older drivers.

Now I keep getting "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered". Seems it occurs whenever graphics get demanding. My guess? The driver the had me install is to old. I am very angry at Nvidia, everything was working great until I tried to install their most recent drivers. They blame it on my Windows 7, but it handled the previous drivers fine.

Help!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nvidia display driver stopped responding recovered
  1. Go to their website and download the drivers :lol:
  2. Best answer
    tried clean driver install and see if the same problem persist. also you could try driver version 280 and below.
  3. Thanks everyone for taking the time to help out. I spent about an hour on the phone with a level II tech rep with Nvidia. Ray was extremely knowledgeable and we tried several different clean and manual installs, still no joy. I have not lost faith in Nvidia because it sounds like it could of been a very rare instance of video card damaged by driver, and they may work out a deal to help me replace it.

In the event they don't, I am open to any other ideas, even though the tech reps seem to agree that my 9800GX2 is fried.

Thanks again,
    J
  4. Best answer selected by islandcop.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Drivers Graphics Displays