Sign in with
Your question

Would the ATI Radeon HD 5670 suffice in this case?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 22, 2011 9:17:19 AM

So guys i have been deciding to upgrade to a better graphics card, and i think the HD 5670(1gb) is my choice with it's 5.0 Pixel shader. My question is will my computer support it, my specs:

Processor:
Intel Pentium 4 550
Code Name: Prescott
Core Speed: 2790.1 Mhz
Package Name: Socket 775 LGA

Motherboard:
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Model: OCJ774
Chipset: Intel i955X

Graphic Interface:
PCI-Express
Max Supported: X16
Current Graphics Card: Radeon X600 Series (256MB)

If there's anything else you guys need i'll be happy to put that in, thank you :) 

More about : ati radeon 5670 suffice case

November 22, 2011 10:04:16 AM

Predarkness said:
So guys i have been deciding to upgrade to a better graphics card, and i think the HD 5670(1gb) is my choice with it's 5.0 Pixel shader. My question is will my computer support it, my specs:

Processor:
Intel Pentium 4 550
Code Name: Prescott
Core Speed: 2790.1 Mhz
Package Name: Socket 775 LGA

Motherboard:
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Model: OCJ774
Chipset: Intel i955X

Graphic Interface:
PCI-Express
Max Supported: X16
Current Graphics Card: Radeon X600 Series (256MB)

If there's anything else you guys need i'll be happy to put that in, thank you :) 

It always depends on what you want to do with it...

Your computer will support it and you will get higher fps in games that don't require a fast (multi-core) CPU but don't expect any miracles, your outdated CPU will be a (serious) bottleneck in many cases.

Your motherborad can handle faster processors so if you're willing to spend another 50-60euros for upgrading your CPU to a dual core pentium E5700/E6600 you'll be able to play most modern games with medium details.

If you decide to upgrade your CPU you could also opt for the HD 5770 instead of the HD5670 and you'll even be able to play at high details.

All the above assuming you have at least 2GB of RAM...

m
l
November 22, 2011 10:32:30 AM

glingo said:
It always depends on what you want to do with it...

Your computer will support it and you will get higher fps in games that don't require a fast (multi-core) CPU but don't expect any miracles, your outdated CPU will be a (serious) bottleneck in many cases.

Your motherborad can handle faster processors so if you're willing to spend another 50-60euros for upgrading your CPU to a dual core pentium E5700/E6600 you'll be able to play most modern games with medium details.

If you decide to upgrade your CPU you could also opt for the HD 5770 instead of the HD5670 and you'll even be able to play at high details.

All the above assuming you have at least 2GB of RAM...

Sorry for not including that in, i do have 2GB of RAM, i mainly want to play moderate games such as black ops and RAGE and whatnot, my budget however constricts me to my present CPU. So i think that would be a project for the future, since most of the new games not including battlefield 3 and such do not require too high of a CPU . However keeping all this in mind i will definitely consider upgrading my CPU soon.
Thank you very much for you help :) 
m
l
!