My current specs : Corsair 750TX 750W PSU, e8400 @4,0 ghz, asus p5e, 4 gb ram 1066 ddr2 corsair, 2 x radeon 4870 powercolor in cf
Does it make any sense to upgrade now? I could sell my 4870's and throw in some more money for a new graphics card.
It's for gaming. 1900x 1200 everything maxed out.
Budget - 400 usd, no preferred website to buy from.
It doesn't mater if it's a nvidia or an ati card
Looking for : lifetime warranty, Needs to have better than stock cooling
Your dual 4870s are probably already more than maxing the capabilities of your cpu, so a better graphics card would be wasted imho. Also, 4870s in CF is still quite a powerful system, so exceeding it by a significant margin will be expensive. You're looking at dual 6950s or GTX 560 Tis.
What you need is the next step up in every department. I would wait until you can afford an i5 2500k CPU and 2*6950 or 560 Ti.
If you want to upgrade now, you will probably get more of a boost by upgrading your CPU.
If you just want a nice gpu upgrade for now why not grab yourself a single 6950, your cpu at 4 gig should be able to power it and you can always use the 6950 again when you upgrade the rest of your system