Hmm. will my rig be Diablo3 worthy?

Hello forum
14 answers Last reply
More about diablo3 worthy
  1. We can't tell if your rig will be Diablo3 worthy untill you post your Pc's spec's.
  2. barbarousbeef said:
    Hello forum


    I built this rig a loong time ago specificaly for warcraft 3 and doom 3, I still am using it today after a few upgrades to play sc2 and WoW. But i am curious if i will be able to run Diablo3 on it??

    Heres the specs

    Coolmax 500watt PSU (replaced antec 300watt)
    Amd Athlon Xp 2800+ (OC'd to 2.2ghz)
    Shuttle AN35N 400 ULTRA motherboard
    Radeon HD4670 1gb agp card (replaced radeon 9700 PRO)
    1.5 gb of ram
    80gb hard drive


    As of now i can comfortably run starcraft 2 on medium/high settings..
    Just looking for an opinion on if i can run Diablo 3 once that drops.
    I would like to be able to have this computer be able to play it.
    THANKS :)
  3. inzone said:
    We can't tell if your rig will be Diablo3 worthy untill you post your Pc's spec's.


    Yeah sorry :) i thought they got posted
  4. I don't think they have released the system requirements yet and it's going to depend on how low they go with the required video card. You will be at the low end if you make it with that card.
  5. i found this http://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_III_System_Requirements im mostly concerned about my cpu and if a 2.2ghz single core will run it? Will low cpu speed stop me from even being able to run the game? It says Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+ under the min reqs
  6. Your going to have issues running it on a single core even with low physics in the game. I've had a chance to test it on many systems as a current Beta tester in D3
    but a single core is really going to be pushing it specially with a lot of destruction in the game
  7. hmm. I should probably start building a new up to date system then.
  8. Are you planning on doing that now or is this something that you are going to be doing when you save up some money. If you are considering doing it now and want some help then list a budget amount and we will see what you can get for what you want to spend.
  9. inzone said:
    Are you planning on doing that now or is this something that you are going to be doing when you save up some money. If you are considering doing it now and want some help then list a budget amount and we will see what you can get for what you want to spend.


    Im not able to build one right now but i see it in the near future. definitely before diablo 3 is out.
    Budget around $400?? I already have a OS, hard drive, and a mid tower case (if i can reuse it) and a power supply.
  10. The problem you're going to run into reusing old components like your hard drive and CD/DVD-ROM Drive is that they're IDE drives. Fewer and fewer boards are being made to support tech this old. A quick check on Newegg didn't show any socket 1155 motherboards that still had PATA (IDE) ports. However, there are some AMD AM3 boards and going with an AMD processor is more budget friendly.

    Motherboard: ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - $80
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1GHz - $105
    RAM: Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 - $22
    Graphics Card: XFX Double D HD-685X-ZDFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB - $170

    Total Cost: $377 + Shipping

    -Wolf sends
  11. Intel Core i5-2310 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz (3.2GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I52310
    $184.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115089

    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    $121.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271

    SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
    $149.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

    The total for these parts is $456.97 and together with the parts that you do have would give you a very good performing Pc.
  12. Wolfshadw said:
    The problem you're going to run into reusing old components like your hard drive and CD/DVD-ROM Drive is that they're IDE drives. Fewer and fewer boards are being made to support tech this old. A quick check on Newegg didn't show any socket 1155 motherboards that still had PATA (IDE) ports. However, there are some AMD AM3 boards and going with an AMD processor is more budget friendly.

    Motherboard: ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - $80
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1GHz - $105
    RAM: Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 - $22
    Graphics Card: XFX Double D HD-685X-ZDFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB - $170

    Total Cost: $377 + Shipping

    -Wolf sends


    quad core is def the way to go now, huh?
  13. As long as it's within budget, I don't see any reason not to go with a quad-core.

    -Wolf sends
  14. Games are starting to use quad cores and I wouldn't be surprised if Diablo 3 didn't make use of the quad core.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product