loveimagine

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
ok so i just installed windows 7 pro 64 bit and a new 1tb internal hard drive. the memory on the hard drive is being used but it didn't get recognized by the bios after set it in(i immediately put the windows 7 disk in to install it;not sure if that screwed up the hard drive installation or not) so the real problem is my pc doesn't recognize a few of my hardware like my video card(in the device manager it just says its the standard VGA graphics adapter) also it says it doesn't detect my network adapter saying it need to have its driver re-installed...

You need to go to your motherboard manufacturers support pages and find the driver for the network adapter and install it. Same goes for the graphics adapter - go to the manufacturers page and DL the and install the driver. Then Windows will recognize the devices.

loveimagine

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
well the 1st problem with that is i cant get on the internet so i can't DL anything. another thing is the video card and network adapter arent new or anything they were working fine before i installed the hard drive and windows 7 so i don't know if that would really fix anything or is there something i'm missing here?

Petrofsky

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
I would try removing the network adapter and its driver in Device Manager. Then reboot and let Windows find it and do its thing. Once you've got Internet, there is hope. You can then download drivers from your mobo manufacturer. The graphics card also needs a driver.

I have no idea what happened to your rig.

roald

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
You reinstalled windows and it's not recognizing your hardware on it's own. Your motherboard manufacturer will likely have provided a cd/dvd with drivers for your chipset and lan etc. and the same goes for your videocard manufacturer supplying a driver cd, although you can wait with that so you can download the latest when you have internet. After you have internet also get the latest drivers for your motherboard because the ones on the installation disk will likely be outdated.