Computer won't turn on??

G

So I decided to rewire my computer for cable management purposes (I've done it a bunch of times before) and once I got everything plugged in, and pressed the power button, there was a short, half a second fire up and it just went off. Any Ideas? here is what i have plugged in, checking as i go:
Mobo power
Cpu and fan
Video card
Hard drive power and data
SSD power and data
Case fans
optical drive power and data
Front panel connectors, USB, ect.
RAM is nice and secured, computer is plugged into the wall, switch is ON, what could it possibly be? Did a part fail/die?

G

Also doesn't turn on when I try the powerbutton on the mobo

If it helps at all I was using it without a problem 30min-1hour prior to the incident

hpdeskjet

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
What are your system specifications and how old is the system? Sounds like hardware failure or a short somewhere (?).

I would recommend starting with this guide to narrow down the problem.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/262730-31-breadboarding

Edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't ask, but what do you mean by "there was a short, half a second fire up"? Are you using the word "short" do describe time, or did you see a spark or something? (I think you mean time, but just to be sure.)

G

built the system around august, i5 2500k, gtx 580, 8gb gskill 1600 mhz RAM, Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3 motherboard, RAIDMAX RX-850AE Gold Certified PSU, WD Caviar Black and Crucial M4, not an old system by any means, and I mean that it started up for about a half of a second. It did that once, and about 20 minutes later when i tryed to do it but it was very brief. I'll check the link now