Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Gigabyte or ASUS GTX570

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 22, 2011 3:45:40 PM

UPDATE: See below, Gigabyte replaced by MSI Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC. (I hope it's not against the forum rules to change the question...)

So here's the deal. I've been trying to figure out which card to choose and thought at first the best idea would be the ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5. After a little research however I found out that the GIGABYTE GV-N570OC-13I was also a great card. I'm now confused at which one to take. EVGA is a no go for me since it seems their cards just get too hot and for me they're too expensive compared to these two (eventhough they have great customer service).

On THIS website (don't know how reliable they are) they say I should go with the Gigabyte because of overall performance, and on Newegg they both get 4 eggs and the main problems seem to be DOA for both so they're quite equal. The prices of these cards are a non-issue since they're only 5 Euro apart for me.

My main concerns are:

- Temperature under full load (play Battlefield 3 on highest setting on 1920x1080)
- FPS
- Quality of the cards
- Has to run with the following build:

• ASUS Rampage III GENE Republic of Gamers, Intel/Socket 1366 micro ATX, LGA1366 Socket, X58
  • Corsair Professional Series Gold AX750
  • Corsair Vengeance geheugen - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR3
  • Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced - Midtowermodel
  • Intel Core i7 950 / 3.06 GHz processor LGA1366 Socket
  • WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX - Harde schijf

Optional:

- Overclockability (Don't know how to do it yet, but will probably find out how to do this if it is beneficial)

So my question is, which card to take... The Asus or the Gigabyte and why?

UPDATE: See below, Gigabyte replaced by MSI Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC. (I hope it's not against the forum rules to change the question...)

• More about : gigabyte asus gtx570

November 22, 2011 3:47:48 PM

ASUS, they are of good quality
    Score
    a c 218 U Graphics card
    a b Ĉ ASUS
    November 22, 2011 4:11:04 PM

Honestly, there is little difference in the quality of Asus vs. Gigabyte. Their quality is quite comparable. Go with the better value. Otherwise, there is no wrong answer here.
    Score
    Related resources
    a b U Graphics card
    November 22, 2011 4:24:03 PM

i have the asus direct cu gtx570

great card--really cool--not too loud under load--overclocked mine to 880mhz gpu and 4452mhz memory

only downside is its huge and takes up 3 slots
    Score
    a c 88 U Graphics card
    a b Ĉ ASUS
    November 22, 2011 4:27:31 PM

The Asus is an excellent card but would not recomend it for a micro itx set up as its over 2.5 slots wide.
    The Gigabyte and MSI cards have excellent cooling, the MSI is better at overclocking tho.
    Score
    November 22, 2011 4:33:16 PM

I vote for Asus
    Score
    November 22, 2011 5:55:46 PM

Ive got the Asus 570 as well and yes it is a huge crd. Its about 11"s long and about 2 1/2" thick and takes up 3 bays but its an awesome caed and i have no problem out of it. And it doesn't seem to be very loud at all. i Like msi and asus but i hate gigabyte all though thats my personal preference but I do really think youd be happy with it but if you dont have a full size board and your running a micro then your best bet is to pick a smaller card.
    Score
    November 22, 2011 8:09:50 PM

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
    November 22, 2011 8:38:36 PM

i looked at both the msi twin frozr and the asus cards before going for asus

this may have been rectified by now but when i looked there were a lot of people with msi cards suffering vrm

burnouts when overclocking them

the asus card had better power phases and a 6 pin and 8 pin connector and they had also disabled the limiter

that kicks in if it detects you running furmark etc

dont know about msi but asus doesnt void the warranty for overclocking by increasing the vcore up to as high

as 1.1v as far as i am aware

you mentioned overclocking at the beginning--this is easy to do and even with the asus card you can use msi afterburner to do it--the asus smart doctor software was pretty poor--though i managed to find the newer asus gpu tweak which works great even though its meant for the matrix series cards

maybe some one with the twin frozr can post their overclocking results to compare with the asus

my results--880mhz and 4452mhz are at 1.038v and 31c on idle with the fans on 13%
    November 22, 2011 8:45:24 PM

Quote:
    my results--880mhz and 4452mhz are at 1.038v and 31c on idle with the fans on 13%....... though i managed to find the newer asus gpu tweak which works great even though its meant for the matrix series cards

That sounds really good! In this ASUS movie on Newegg they also mention that you will be able to use GPU Tweak on a GTX570. How much is it on full load with temperatures, noise and fanspeed? Cause I don't want a jet engine in my computer if you know what I mean :) .
    Score
    a b U Graphics card
    November 22, 2011 8:54:54 PM

Both are excellent imo, personally I have a ASUS DC2 GTX 560TI and it rocks and ocs to 1050 core...! The cooler is also amazingly effective and quiet

at the end of the day take whichever is cheaper...
    Score
    a b U Graphics card
    November 22, 2011 9:13:04 PM

my pc is in the main room of the house so noise level was an important issue when looking for a new graphics

card

have just run unigine heaven benchmark and max temperature was 66c with highest fan speed reached 27%

with fans on auto--not sure if the noise level even increased at all if it did it was by so little that i really couldnt

tell the difference over the card at idle

thats in a well ventilated case with the ambient temperature here at about 18c
    Score
    November 23, 2011 1:14:47 PM

66 degrees C isn't hot at all. And especially the fan speed stays very low. Even though I'm still curious about the MSI Twin Frozr III PE/OC card, anyone that has info on that card?
    Score
    November 23, 2011 3:00:29 PM

I'm going for the ASUS card, it was my initial choice after reading all the reviews. I've always been an ASUS fan and they never let me down. Even though the core clock at the start is quite low, I think their utilities can crank it to sufficient levels for me. I thank you all for the information, really appreciate it! I'm going to give the best answer to mcnumpty23 because he tried certain things for me by using his own card to give me the information I needed. Thanks, I hope I'm just as happy with the card as you are :)  Cheers again for the information people!
    Score
    November 23, 2011 3:00:42 PM

Best answer selected by Slickzor.
    Score
    a b U Graphics card
    November 23, 2011 8:30:38 PM

nice choice have fun
    Score
    !