Stop sending me duplicate emails

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
i keep getting emails 'reminding' me to select a best answer to a question i asked.
there was only one reply and it doesnt even come close to deserve 'best answer'
i dont understand why i keep getting emails to remind me.
it made me think there was a new post.. nope.. just being intimidated to select an answer to better serve the search engine i suppose.

and i am also seeing two emails for the same thing, one minute apart.

one email to remind us that there is a 'select best answer' feature on this forum makes sense.
but seeing the email sent two-three different times doesnt sit well.

anybody care to say something about it?

I believe the double email issue is related to the UK mirror to the US site, there are lots of glitches between them and if someone posted from the UK mirror the cron might execute on both sides at the same time, gmail clumps them into a pair for me so it doesnt really matter but it happens pretty often.

The reason for the best answer is not to better serve the search engine, its to make it easier for people who have a question similar to yours, and because the new system gives points for picking/receiving the best answer.

Edit: Can you post a link to the thread you are getting the emails about? Someone will be more likely to give you a best answer, and it will help the mods/admins make the emails stop.