Hi guys im in the process of building a new rig (my first time) and I have hit a brick wall and need some assistance. I have put together the core parts and powered up, the first time it came to a screen saying "no bootable device detected". This is what I expected and is apparently correct. I then realised I only had 1 PCI-E cable connected so I powered off and connected the second and now there is no feedback from the monitor at all.
The steps I have completed so far are as follows.
- Removed motherboard from box and layed it on the table (ASUS P8Z68-V Gen3)
- Installed CPU (Intel 2500k)
- Installed CPU Cooler (CM Hyper 212 EVO)
- Install RAM (16bg DDR3 1600)
- Install Graphics Card (Msi GTX570)
- Connected PSU 24pin, PCI-E, EPS12V and HDMI Cables
- Powered the PSU and hit the PWR SW on the motherboard
Yeah a hard drive would help a whole lot. But incase you do have one, just go into bios and head over to boot device and make sure you set your hard drive you want to use first incase you have 2 hard drives