Your question

Maingear, Origin, Ibuypower

Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
January 21, 2012 1:59:08 AM

I am currently looking for the best custom made pc''s please list.

More about : maingear origin ibuypower

January 21, 2012 2:12:18 AM

I will make you a custom PC if you want, cheaper than you will get one from them for.

Otherwise, I guess a lot of people mention CyberPowerPC pretty often.
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:00:33 AM

Raiddinn said:
I will make you a custom PC if you want, cheaper than you will get one from them for.

Otherwise, I guess a lot of people mention CyberPowerPC pretty often.

how much will you charge?
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2012 3:04:38 AM

Its not very hard to build you own and many people (myself included) will help you pick out parts that will all work together. You have a better computer for the same price if you build you own too. You just have to fill out this please.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:17:32 AM

^I do recommend that. You'll save quite a bit of money. How much are you looking to spend on this whole thing?
I think any one of us would be willing to put one together for you if you're not yet willing to dive in. What general area are you in, if you're interested in that? I can handle the NY metro area :p 
Honestly, though, it's quite easy to do it yourself. It's just a question of whether you're willing to put in a few hours of fiddling with parts.
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:19:44 AM

kajabla said:
^I do recommend that. You'll save quite a bit of money. How much are you looking to spend on this whole thing?
I think any one of us would be willing to put one together for you if you're not yet willing to dive in. What general area are you in, if you're interested in that?

i was told 2,000 is the final price but i want gtx 580's sli
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:30:50 AM

580x2 retails for almost 1000.
RAM is 40.
CPU is 220.
Motherboard 125.
PSU 100
CPU Cooler 30
Case 90
Hard Drive 100
DVD Drive 20
OEM Windows 7 home premium 64 100

2000 sounds about right with good quality parts.
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:32:33 AM

Here we go. I'm putting down just the part prices, assuming there's no cost of assembly (doing it yourself):
-$180 2500K, if you can get to a Microcenter. That would be very nice. Otherwise it'll be $220.
-$880, 2x$440 after rebate (!!! usually ~$500) EVGA 580
-$150 Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
-$145 after rebate Patriot Pyro 120gb SSD
-$80ish case. Trawl Newegg and pick whatever case has a look you like. Don't worry about performance yet; just check here to make sure your choice isn't a dud. Almost anything over $60 will work fine.
-$100 Windows Home 64-bit
-$110 WD Caviar Green 1tb. Alternately, you could go with a 500gb Hitachi for $70.
-$50 Scythe Mugen 3
-$20 any old DVD drive
-$90 XFX 850W
-$40 Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz RAM

And we're at $1845. That extra cash could go to a non-Microcenter 2500K (hope you can make it), to a more expensive case (if you fall in love with one), to peripherals, to a more efficient power supply (OCZ 850W 80+ Gold, $140) or just back into in your pocket. Do you need a mouse or keyboard?
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:37:42 AM

You can do GTX 580 SLI easy....just as long as you don't want a 500$ mobo to go with it. I'm think maybe 250 most on the mobo, atleast spend 100 on the PSU, and if your gonna SLI 580's and OC later on i'd reccomend a 950 or more watt psu. how many HDD's do you want. and also don't forget kepler is coming it could be worth a short wait to see what is a good card in the family and the 580's will still be up for option. but if its 580's u want then go ahead. and a good cpu to render those 580's. if your intel i'd go with the Core i7. the good mid range i7's and some high end's are Out of stock at new egg. but there is tiger direct and amazon. Please let us help you pick parts. I guarantee you will feel better building your own system. buying one build is nice but...expensive and you just feel.....empty still
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:38:23 AM

^on the i7, no. Sorry. The 2500K has nearly identical performance in gaming.
m
l
January 21, 2012 4:01:46 AM

Ok then for $2000

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3VOS

Over $2000 shipped after rebates under $2000.
Lacking a SSD but if you want one you can cut some other parts to lower models.
m
l
January 21, 2012 4:29:23 AM

If you are set on buying one assembled and are uncomfortable building your own, then you might do well with an origin. They have just instituted 24/7 lifetime phone support with USA based tech people. This could be a big asset for you.
m
l
January 21, 2012 11:41:00 AM

Andrew, you've picked 580s that are $110 more expensive each than mine.
m
l
January 21, 2012 2:05:46 PM

2492703,9,1071012 said:
You can do GTX 580 SLI easy....just as long as you don't want a 500$ mobo to go with it. I'm think maybe 250 most on the mobo, atleast spend 100 on the PSU, and if your gonna SLI 580's and OC later on i'd reccomend a 950 or more watt psu. how many HDD's do you want. and also don't forget kepler is coming it could be worth a short wait to see what is a good card in the family and the 580's will still be up for option. but if its 580's u want then go ahead. and a good cpu to render those 580's. if your intel i'd go with the Core i7. the good mid range i7's and some high end's are Out of stock at new egg. but there is tiger direct and amazon. Please let us help you pick parts. I guarantee you will feel better building your own system. buying one build is nice but...expensive and you just feel.....empty still[/quotems
thank you can you send me a list of parts.
m
l
January 21, 2012 2:21:00 PM

BubbyGtx said:
I am currently looking for the best custom made pc''s please list.

In the end it is always cheaper to build your own that is a simple fact, but it is also your know how and ability to fix issues. If you love building system, troubleshooting, repairing ect then it is a fun experience. The reason PC makers like Origin PC do so well is because of the service side.

Say you build a system and you need help, you either need to know how to fix it yourself, search for the information and then do it or find the person who built it for you and then have them do it. I remember needing to RMA my video card and it was from a major company and it still took 2 weeks before I got my card back, whereas with a purchased system they send it within a few days.

So its really about time/know-how vs cost. Many people make the mistake of purchasing a crazy system with parts they do not need and that's why buying gets a bad rap from technical people. However, you can do some research here and find what you need and then have them build that for you. I don't know if the other companies mentioned does this but Origin PC does let you custom build what you want and yes, it will cost more than buying from Newegg, but that is for the warranty and support and the fact that its built by professionals.

I've witnessed what happens if a system is not built correctly and it anit pretty.
m
l
January 21, 2012 2:28:07 PM

Case
NZXT Source 210 Gaming Case - Black
Case Lighting
None
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction
None
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion
[6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System + Bluetooth & Wireless N Modules
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
iBUYPOWER PowerDrive
None
Processor Cooling
Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
Memory
16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 1.5GB - SLI Mode (Dual Cards)
Video Card Brand
Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA
Motherboard
[SLI] ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 -- 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16
Intel Smart Response Technology
None
Power Supply
1050 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand-1050M Free Upgrade to 1200 Watt Toughpower Grand-1200M ($40 Savings)
Primary Hard Drive
1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive
120 GB ADATA S510 SSD - Single Drive
Optical Drive
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
2nd Optical Drive
None
Flash Media Reader / Writer
None
Meter Display
None
USB Expansion
None
Sound Card
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card
Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit hows this?
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:03:08 PM

The reasoning behind the more expensive GPU is that he won't have to overclock then and they are both $500. Problem with rebates is that it only is good for one product. So the first is $60 more second $20 more. This is still quite a bit but I believe it is worth it.
m
l
January 21, 2012 3:15:38 PM

2500K, dude. For gaming, the 2600K doesn't get you anything but, maybe, a couple of hundred extra mhz on your maximum overclock. You don't need that, though: 4.5ghz, which you should have no problem hitting with a 2500K, will handle two 580s.

Please look back at my build. A good, efficient 850W PSU instead of a bad 1200W one, a 2500K and air cooling are all better choices.
m
l
January 21, 2012 4:14:34 PM

jalaraque said:
In the end it is always cheaper to build your own that is a simple fact

It is nowhere near as simple of a fact as you make it sound.

The OEM makers get a lower price per item and charge a markup %

The individual builders get a higher price per item and no markup %

When the markup % becomes larger than the higher price per item, that is when it makes sense to build your own computer instead of buying an OEM computer.

That doesn't happen until the mid to high hundreds, for low budgets the OEMs own the market plain and simple.

The markup on Windows itself (for them $30, for you $180) is more than enough to blow away any chance that a hobbyist can beat the OEM computer stats on low end computers and that is without factoring in that every other part is cheaper for them than it is for you.

Unless you are talking about using illegal OS licenses in order to make the hobbyist computer cheaper than it should be. If that is what you are talking about then you should talk about it somewhere else, because the TOS for tomshardware says we can't advise people to do illegal things here.

Sure you can get Ubuntu on a computer for free, but I think after reading 1000s of threads only like 2 people were interested in using a non-Microsoft OS regardless of merit.

Try not to make blanket statements like the above, especially if they are clearly wrong a significant percentage of the time.
m
l
!