Which would you buy and why?

Those are entirely different builds. We'll need the actual amount of money you're willing to spend (+1 above; fill it out). I can say that in this ballpark you'll definitely be going 2500K and 8gb RAM, but that's all I know for now.

julianrooster

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: A Month

Budget Range: $1,500 After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, watching movies, surfing the internet)

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, microcenter.com, general nanosystems

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU Nvidia GPU

Overclocking: Yes (when needed down the line)

SLI or Crossfire: Yes (when needed down the line)

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 or 1920x1200

Additional Comments: Sound is not an issue for me. I just want the most bang for my buck, in other words i want to play games on as high of settings for as long as possibe with upgrades like sencong GPU later down the line.

waydiddy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Newcomer opinion here:

-If you're looking to go SLI / Crossfire, the second build has a beefy enough power supply to power two video cards on par with the i7 you're looking at

Quick note: be on the lookout for deals for components to reduce the budget. In the past few weeks, I've seen heavily discounted cases, power supplies, CPUs, and Nvidia cards on SlickDeals, NewEgg, and Amazon.

Other than that, I'd be super-stoked to have either one of those builds. Enjoy it once you pull the trigger.