EVGA GTX 560's in SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

captjoe

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
I have a 50" Panasonic G20 Plasma that I would like to output to.

My Build is planning for i5 2600k and Asus pro motherboard.

My question what perfromance will I expect using the above mentioned cards?

Basically a good idea and should be happy.
or
No way won't work go another direction.
or
Not bad but this would be better.

Both cards are EVGA GTX560's new in the box.

I have them for sale so I must decide soon.

Solution
Another thing to add is plasma's are extremely bad to use as monitors, they can still suffer from burn in even with software image shifting technology. Consoles like the PS3, Wii, and Xbox360 are designed to minimize burn in using several different technologies bc they are used on TV's and they mostly work, though it still happens sometimes on a plasma. I've seen quite a few examples and it is not pretty.

The PC on the other hand has none of these protections, I would offer strong caution against doing so, you will likely suffer burn in using one as a monitor. I would use an LCD instead as that technology is much more resistant to burn in.

As for performance just treat/compare it like a 1920x1080 PC monitor, bc that is the same...

DM186

Splendid
The i5 is a 2500k only the i7 is a 2600k. Are you talking about using a 50" plasma Tv as your monitor? Would not recomend that you would be seated to far back because the closer you are the more is becomes blurry plus you would have a lot of adjusting to switch back and forth. XBox 360 would work just fine on the plasma. They are made to work with the TV.

Now the two GTX 560's are they the Ti's Firmies or just GTX560? If it is the Ti's then two of them in sli would be about as good as the GtX 580 at 2GB ddr5. You would have to check the bench mark sites to get a better picture.

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

560 ti's in sli blow the 580 away

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Another thing to add is plasma's are extremely bad to use as monitors, they can still suffer from burn in even with software image shifting technology. Consoles like the PS3, Wii, and Xbox360 are designed to minimize burn in using several different technologies bc they are used on TV's and they mostly work, though it still happens sometimes on a plasma. I've seen quite a few examples and it is not pretty.

The PC on the other hand has none of these protections, I would offer strong caution against doing so, you will likely suffer burn in using one as a monitor. I would use an LCD instead as that technology is much more resistant to burn in.

As for performance just treat/compare it like a 1920x1080 PC monitor, bc that is the same resolution as a 1080p TV. SLI'd 560's should pretty much max most games with decent frames at that resolution.

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I won’t single out or disagree with anyone here but I will speak from my experience with plasmas as a pc monitor.

I have been gaming on plasmas for quite awhile. I like to be immersed in the big screen. One day I’d like to have a projector. Until then the Panasonic viera 50” sitting about 3ft away will have to do. Only bummer is i gota move the soafer when id like to play =D

Using logitech mx5500 bluetooth kb and mouse - no input lag incase you're wondering.

@ 1080p i do not see any pixels and using the tv’s game mode i don’t get image burn. Panasonic plasmas are a damn good tv for gaming. Also can read text clearly.

Also another bonus to plasmas over an lcd tv is the 600hz sub frame response. There is no input lag – lcd tvs are shocking in that department.

monsta

Splendid
I agree Boju , the Panasonic Plasmas are very good. I do prefer playing on Plasma than LCD due to the lag.
Some screens do suffer from overburn, havent experienced it with mine.
I also prefer plasma as the blacks are richer and not back lit like an LCD.

captjoe

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
i am not worried so much for burn in, i am carefull not to pause thr game for long periods and i use a wiper to clean up the screen after every few hours. the first plasma i has a samsung is still active after 4 years of on off play.

i would love to do a triple monitor some day but it get expensive.

plan a is sell the 560's they are not ti versions
and buy the new hybrids out the 28th. should be priced as the 560ti that are out now
with more punch like a 570

plan b sell the 560's and buy a 580 now and another in 2 months

FtsArTek

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

Needs to support SLI. I know that because of my multi-gpu setups (i7 3960X SLI GTX590 and FX-8150 xfire 6990)

So.... only multi-gpu games are worth it at all.

And how many of the top titles released over the last seven years or so have not multi GPU enabled?

captjoe

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
I have about 60-70 games for my PS3.And about the same for my PC.
Over the past 2 years I stopped playing PC because I was running XP on a dual zeon workstation with a Quadro 4500 card.Nothing even close to being grea,t but I had a lot of fun.
The PS3 was very good considering you are paying $300 for everything.
Grafics are nice nad I get into discussions all the time how much better PC
can be than a x-box or PS3 but in the crowd I work with, Nice people they don't get it or
they have never experienced what a great video card and sound improve game playing.

I will try to get the best single card I can afford now ( $750.00 ) max . Heck I payed just under agrand for my Quadro 4500 years ago and sli later.
Thnak s for the input.

FtsArTek

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

That's a good point, but more what you need to look at it.. How many of the top games support multi-gpu WELL?

Status
Not open for further replies.