Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Blu-Ray Media Costs

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 3:43:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

http://www.blu-raydisc.com/assets/downloadablefile/0505...

"single-digit Euro cents per-disc cost at launch"

The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) today announced that Blu-ray Disc
manufacturing is ready to go. Broad acceptance and adoption of Blu-ray
Disc has contributed to process improvements and cost efficiencies that
bring the long-term cost of manufacturing BD-ROM discs in line with
current DVD replication costs. "There are a lot of companies trying to
stake out a position in various aspects of BD-ROM manufacturing," said
Kazuhiro Tsuga, executive officer of Matsushita Electric. "As a result,
we are seeing multitudes of improvements in processes and technology,
as well as the effects of economies of scale that make replication
extremely cost effective." With these developments in the industry,
replication facilities in the United States are setting up and
preparing to mass produce BD-ROM Discs. Technicolor is establishing a
complete pilot BD disc manufacturing process by July 2005. Cinram which
already has a pilot replication line is awaiting the delivery of
commercial lines.

More about : blu ray media costs

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 12:05:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Mattinglyfan wrote:
> "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1122748986.291659.237450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> > http://www.blu-raydisc.com/assets/downloadablefile/0505...
> >
> > "single-digit Euro cents per-disc cost at launch"
> >
> > The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) today announced that Blu-ray Disc
> > manufacturing is ready to go. Broad acceptance and adoption of Blu-ray
> > Disc has contributed to process improvements and cost efficiencies that
> > bring the long-term cost of manufacturing BD-ROM discs in line with
> > current DVD replication costs. "There are a lot of companies trying to
> > stake out a position in various aspects of BD-ROM manufacturing," said
> > Kazuhiro Tsuga, executive officer of Matsushita Electric. "As a result,
> > we are seeing multitudes of improvements in processes and technology,
> > as well as the effects of economies of scale that make replication
> > extremely cost effective." With these developments in the industry,
> > replication facilities in the United States are setting up and
> > preparing to mass produce BD-ROM Discs. Technicolor is establishing a
> > complete pilot BD disc manufacturing process by July 2005. Cinram which
> > already has a pilot replication line is awaiting the delivery of
> > commercial lines.
> >
>
> I wish you would just post stuff like this directly after someone makes a
> comment to the contrary. That way, you can make your point and make the
> person look like an idiot and not have to cross-post troll bait. We all
> know that there are plenty of morons who talk about how expensive Blu-Ray
> media is but THEY ARE POSTING IT IN OTHER THREADS.

STFU.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 2:59:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"H.I.V. Steve" <hiv_steve@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1122822315.489846.213080@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>> "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:1122748986.291659.237450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>> > http://www.blu-raydisc.com/assets/downloadablefile/0505...
>> >
>> > "single-digit Euro cents per-disc cost at launch"
>> >
>> > The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) today announced that Blu-ray Disc
>> > manufacturing is ready to go. Broad acceptance and adoption of Blu-ray
>> > Disc has contributed to process improvements and cost efficiencies that
>> > bring the long-term cost of manufacturing BD-ROM discs in line with
>> > current DVD replication costs. "There are a lot of companies trying to
>> > stake out a position in various aspects of BD-ROM manufacturing," said
>> > Kazuhiro Tsuga, executive officer of Matsushita Electric. "As a result,
>> > we are seeing multitudes of improvements in processes and technology,
>> > as well as the effects of economies of scale that make replication
>> > extremely cost effective." With these developments in the industry,
>> > replication facilities in the United States are setting up and
>> > preparing to mass produce BD-ROM Discs. Technicolor is establishing a
>> > complete pilot BD disc manufacturing process by July 2005. Cinram which
>> > already has a pilot replication line is awaiting the delivery of
>> > commercial lines.
>> >
>>
>> I wish you would just post stuff like this directly after someone makes a
>> comment to the contrary. That way, you can make your point and make the
>> person look like an idiot and not have to cross-post troll bait. We all
>> know that there are plenty of morons who talk about how expensive Blu-Ray
>> media is but THEY ARE POSTING IT IN OTHER THREADS.
>
> STFU.
>

Your mom you jizz master.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 4:52:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Mattinglyfan wrote:

> I wish you would just post stuff like this directly after someone
> makes a comment to the contrary.

And I wish Bligmerk would get hit by a truck. We can't all get what we wish
for, can we? Besides, who's been saying BD-ROM *discs* are expensive? I
don't recall reading that in any threads. It's the *drives* that are going
to be relatively costly, at least for the first gen of PS3s. And it'll be
even more costly for Sony in the long run if Blu-ray doesn't end up becoming
the de facto standard for HD DVD. If Blu-ray fizzles, buying a PS3 will be
like buying a really hot sports car that only has a Minidisc player in the
stereo. Sure it still sounds great, but you're stuck with an underused or
obsolete format.

-Z-
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 5:26:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
news:WeWdnQzMRtNugHDfRVn-sg@giganews.com...
> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>
>> I wish you would just post stuff like this directly after someone
>> makes a comment to the contrary.
>
> And I wish Bligmerk would get hit by a truck. We can't all get what we
> wish for, can we? Besides, who's been saying BD-ROM *discs* are expensive?


One of the other anti-Sony posters was stating that the Blue-ray media is so
much more expensive than DVDs that it will make the game prices $10-$15
higher than normal. Can't remember who it was.

I
> don't recall reading that in any threads. It's the *drives* that are going
> to be relatively costly, at least for the first gen of PS3s. And it'll be
> even more costly for Sony in the long run if Blu-ray doesn't end up
> becoming the de facto standard for HD DVD. If Blu-ray fizzles, buying a
> PS3 will be like buying a really hot sports car that only has a Minidisc
> player in the stereo. Sure it still sounds great, but you're stuck with an
> underused or obsolete format.
>
> -Z-
>
>
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 8:43:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

More than a few people have argued that the media itself, not the
drives, would be prohibitively expensive. It looks as if that's
completely untrue.

And as I've stated before, if Sony sells on the order of 120 million
PS3s, as is currently predicted, Blu Ray will be supported by every
media company. That's just too many potential customers to ignore,
especially since HD-DVD doesn't have a comperable driving vehicle.

--
Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
cable@creaturecantina.com
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 11:45:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Mattinglyfan wrote:
> "H.I.V. Steve" <hiv_steve@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1122822315.489846.213080@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > Mattinglyfan wrote:
> >> "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> news:1122748986.291659.237450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> >> > http://www.blu-raydisc.com/assets/downloadablefile/0505...
> >> >
> >> > "single-digit Euro cents per-disc cost at launch"
> >> >
> >> > The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) today announced that Blu-ray Disc
> >> > manufacturing is ready to go. Broad acceptance and adoption of Blu-ray
> >> > Disc has contributed to process improvements and cost efficiencies that
> >> > bring the long-term cost of manufacturing BD-ROM discs in line with
> >> > current DVD replication costs. "There are a lot of companies trying to
> >> > stake out a position in various aspects of BD-ROM manufacturing," said
> >> > Kazuhiro Tsuga, executive officer of Matsushita Electric. "As a result,
> >> > we are seeing multitudes of improvements in processes and technology,
> >> > as well as the effects of economies of scale that make replication
> >> > extremely cost effective." With these developments in the industry,
> >> > replication facilities in the United States are setting up and
> >> > preparing to mass produce BD-ROM Discs. Technicolor is establishing a
> >> > complete pilot BD disc manufacturing process by July 2005. Cinram which
> >> > already has a pilot replication line is awaiting the delivery of
> >> > commercial lines.
> >> >
> >>
> >> I wish you would just post stuff like this directly after someone makes a
> >> comment to the contrary. That way, you can make your point and make the
> >> person look like an idiot and not have to cross-post troll bait. We all
> >> know that there are plenty of morons who talk about how expensive Blu-Ray
> >> media is but THEY ARE POSTING IT IN OTHER THREADS.
> >
> > STFU.
> >
>
> Your mom you jizz master.

I guess you lied to yourself when you said you were going to ignore me,
still haven't figured out how to use that kill file?

That's what I thought dumb ass.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 11:46:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Mattinglyfan wrote:
> "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> news:WeWdnQzMRtNugHDfRVn-sg@giganews.com...
> > Mattinglyfan wrote:
> >
> >> I wish you would just post stuff like this directly after someone
> >> makes a comment to the contrary.
> >
> > And I wish Bligmerk would get hit by a truck. We can't all get what we
> > wish for, can we? Besides, who's been saying BD-ROM *discs* are expensive?
>
>
> One of the other anti-Sony posters was stating that the Blue-ray media is so
> much more expensive than DVDs that it will make the game prices $10-$15
> higher than normal. Can't remember who it was.
>
>

When you find out be sure to tell us all who it was, it's something we
all want to know and can't live without knowing.

Ya stupid dip ship.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 3:38:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"H.I.V. Steve" <hiv_steve@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1122822315.489846.213080@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> STFU.

You forgot to say PLEASE!
!