$1800 Powerhouse (Future Supported)

anomnious

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next month, 2 if it is worth it.

Budget Range: $1,800 Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (Gaming, Video Rendering/Editing, Movies, Internet *if it survives SOPA*)

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Cheapest US website per part, new egg by default.

Parts Preferences

Case: In-Win Dragon Rider Full Tower Case White $149.99

CPU: Intel I7 3930k $599.99

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79 449.99

Graphics Chip: Either AMD Radeon 7970 $551 or GTX 680 TBA

Needed: Power Unit/Cooling/extras?

The Rest Just gets this up and running so that I can work while slowly completing the build of 4 SLI or Xfire Water cooling powerhouse. The screens wont matter if it is Xfire I will buy monitors at a later date.

Overclocking: Yes if it can be budgeted.

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: Generally 1280x1024 but don't let that hold you back just announce optimal screen size if you want to dedicate a build to a higher resolution.

Goals: Good Throughput, 2-5yr lifespan

Feel free to ask questions this build should not achieve complete dominance initially but rather strength and adaptability to future expansion.

anomnious

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Sorry I wasn't able to complete my list I was called away yesterday but here are the specs I got so far I know i'm blowing a LOT on my GPU CPU and MB but I feel that's my core the rest will be added in time but I need a lot of help on the others because this is my "first build". Thank you, to anyone experienced or not who gives feedback to this topic!

I will take any thoughts on possible downgrades into consideration if they can withstand the obstacles presented such as 1155 socket MB with 2600k etc.