• Graphics Cards
  • TV
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 123 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 22, 2011 9:42:35 PM

if you plan on sitting 6-10 feet away to see it clearly, yes. I go by TV's make good TV's, monitors make good monitors.
November 22, 2011 9:46:35 PM

i know and i mainly use my pc for games like at the moment skyrim and i use an xbox control. with most of my games i use a xbox control so in that case would it be a good idea to use that sorta size tv for that?
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 22, 2011 10:24:10 PM

What I have learned is monitors you can get close to it with out disstoration but a lcd or led tv you can't get close to it. You will be ajusting all the time on the tv. Xbox is good for tv and monitor. They do have 1080p monitors out there in 24" and 27". stick to pc to monitor. I just found out this today on another thread. You might want to try Pc to Tv first before you spend a lot of money and see if you like it or not. Good luck
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2011 10:50:08 PM

Get a secondary monitor for those things that need lots of reading.... use the big tv for gaming...problem solved :D 
November 22, 2011 10:51:58 PM

The problem with using TV's as Monitors are generally the resolution, (ok, so theres a lot more for the pro gamer as MS, contrast etc).

Thing is a resolution of 1920 x 1080 is good on a 27" monitor, it would be horrible on a 42" TV, making tasks like reading the generally small text on the web quite hard and it will look wery "Blurry"...

As stated before TV are TV's and monitors are monitors, while it is possible to use a TV on a computer it's not really recomended for several resons.
November 23, 2011 2:28:40 AM

If your set on getting one make sure it has 1:1 resolution some don't and it would suck to bring one home, hook it up & find out it doesn't show your desktop properly.

I use a Samsung 32' lcdtv its great for gaming but on crisis and a few other games I've played i need to keep VSYNC on otherwise i get a small but noticeable line in the middle when looking around also browsing can be a hassle having to zoom in on forums if the text is to small but it doesn't really matter you get used to it.
November 23, 2011 8:21:09 AM

TVs make great monitors, at home I sit 4 to 5 feet away from my TV (37 inch LCD) Samsung 1st generation 1080p. I have been using this for over 5 years now. My primary work is 3D modelling in Solidworks and yes, if you need to press your face up against the screen it is no good for you, but for gaming and web surfing only an elitist or perfectionist would say 1920x1080 is a bad resolution for doing that on.

I don't understand why people say "wow blue-ray is amazing the 1080p is crystal clear" in one breath and in the other they will say "1080p, bah. for gaming you want at least 1600x1200 because 1080p sucks"

November 24, 2011 5:16:29 PM

thanks with the help the advice has helped me so that i know what to look for but i have one other question should i get lcd or led is there any difference in quality or is it just that with led you can make them slimmer?
November 24, 2011 7:03:38 PM

I have been using a 50" plasma HDTV as my primary monitor for 3 years now. As a moderate gamer it works out great! Games like Crysis are quite spectacular at 1024x1600!
I do also have a netbook for little stuff.
November 25, 2011 6:32:01 AM

swifty_morgan said:
if you plan on sitting 6-10 feet away to see it clearly, yes. I go by TV's make good TV's, monitors make good monitors.

Except 32" 1080p TV's make good monitors, if you have to sit 10 feet away from a 32" monitor to see clearly I suggest a trip to a good ophthalmologist is in order.
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 26, 2011 2:51:47 AM

disaster101 said:
thanks with the help the advice has helped me so that i know what to look for but i have one other question should i get lcd or led is there any difference in quality or is it just that with led you can make them slimmer?

I just asked that question at Best buy. They told me, the LED will live a little bit longer than the LCD. There is more heat on the LCD TV's but they are so close it really doesn't really mater just what you like from the picture you get from looking at them. That was told to me on 11/23. We were looking to buy a new TV.
November 26, 2011 11:20:34 PM

DM186 said:
I just asked that question at Best buy. They told me, the LED will live a little bit longer than the LCD. There is more heat on the LCD TV's but they are so close it really doesn't really mater just what you like from the picture you get from looking at them. That was told to me on 11/23. We were looking to buy a new TV.

I'm using a 32" Vizio Led. By the way NEVER listen to anything The Best Buy Boys tell you.
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 26, 2011 11:46:58 PM

Homeboy2 said:
I'm using a 32" Vizio Led. By the way NEVER listen to anything The Best Buy Boys tell you.

Ya you are so right they would say anything to sale a TV. We ended up buying the LCD Tobshiba 32"
August 3, 2012 4:07:01 AM

The difference in life bw the 2 (LED vs. LCD) is dependent upon the amount of sunlight allowed into the room (causing it to run hot). While the unit is well prepared to handle the exposure to sun light, the depreciation of LED bulbs is dramatically increased. In my opinion, LED provides a better picture and, therefore, is ideal for a theatre type setting. However, keep in mind that an LED tv is not equiped to handle sunlight exposure so if your looking to put it in a sun room its not a good idea. Also, the reason to purchase a monitor of higher order (900 plus US) rather than utilizing your television as a monitor is, in short, due to the monitors strengths particularly in refresh rate. One who plays serious computer games does not require such a serious monitor. A professional photographer or filmmaker may require such a refined monitor.
a c 274 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 3, 2012 11:08:45 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!