Graphic cards

Byotch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
In My computer I have an agp 4x but don't know what graphic cards will fit or even where to start looking. The dell rep said I need something like an AtiRage ultra128, 32MB full height or ati Radeon7500 w/tv out 32MB full height. At Christmas was given an ATIRadeon hd 3650 8x with 1 gig ddr2 memory. It will not work. I priced it at best buy and it was $149.95. It is still brand new and in the box. Will be willing to trade for a graphic card that will fit my dell 260 4x agp slot. Please tell me what a pci 2.2 slot if for. The dell tech said he really didn't know.

Solution
buying anything new for that pc is a wasteof money. there are no agp x4 cards being made so the 1s that are being sold new are way way over priced.
my advice would be to forget it unless you can find an old agp card on ebay for $10 or less.
better still get a new/replacement motherboard and move your cpu over to it if its not welded to the cooler and solderd to the board. but again dont pay more than $10-$15 for it...
pci 2.2 is just a pci slot from around 1998-2000 ish yes your pc is that old and is the reason im saying dont waste money on it. because you wont be able to play anything made after 2002.

personally i would throw it away or box it up and sell it in 20 years as an antique...
then trundle to the local second hand stor and...
You don't want to swap it for a card that will fit, you lose bigtime
Start looking for AGP cards, if the description says PCIE it will not fit in your motherboard, agp and Pcie are different standards of graphic card and are not interchangeable,
Return the xmas pressie if you can ask the giver for the reciept,
I understand that may be awkward though so check ebay prices and sell there maybe as an alternative
Moto

buying anything new for that pc is a wasteof money. there are no agp x4 cards being made so the 1s that are being sold new are way way over priced.
my advice would be to forget it unless you can find an old agp card on ebay for $10 or less.
better still get a new/replacement motherboard and move your cpu over to it if its not welded to the cooler and solderd to the board. but again dont pay more than $10-$15 for it...
pci 2.2 is just a pci slot from around 1998-2000 ish yes your pc is that old and is the reason im saying dont waste money on it. because you wont be able to play anything made after 2002.

personally i would throw it away or box it up and sell it in 20 years as an antique...
then trundle to the local second hand stor and buy a 50bux bare bones with a minimum of a pentium 4 3.0 and a pci-e 1 slot.. at least that way you will be able to play some games up to 2007/9

Solution

Byotch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Well you see i have several problems. One is the person who gave me the agp card passed away in march so no can get reciept. Number 2 is that i am disabled and live on a very small income and have very little money left over after monthly expenses so it look like ima stuck with this outdated piece of Junk. I would really like to put it in the garbage but without i don't know what i would do, cuz being in a wheelchair don't help your social life any so i just sit here 90% of my time and play hidden object games. I was given these games: Baldur's Gate, blood rayne, diablo, elder scrolls 4, battle for middle earth 2, prince of persia- sands of time, ages beyond myst, and many others by the same person that gave me the agp card. Because of my health and finances I can't even afford to buy on time because if i have an unexpect expense then would not be able to make payment.

Byotch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

BTW Thanx for the info just bought ati rage 128 pro off ebay for 13.80. It is a pci and dell recommended it should be in within the next 7 days. i am excited bout it cuz like i said onboard graphics really STINKS!!!!!!! Found asus mobo for 129 with i3 cpu whadda u think. no mem or anything else just mobo and cpu w/fan

Byotch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

I Thought so already email the man bout it explain my situation to him and got answer back. Said he would hold it til the 3rd of june if i didn't email him back and tell him i don't want. Thanx you guys have really been a big help to this old gal. Who said women can learn bout puters and how to work on them. Sure the guys know the stuff but with people like you women and learn it also. Again thanx. But understand one thing this gal isn't finished picking your brains. what does it mean that i can change my aperture from 64mb up to 256mb in my bios.is that something like overclocking????

No problem, I figured what you meant, my Gf is pretty up on computers as well so theres no sexism in this game (Apart from male teenage ego ofc :p)
the 64mb>256Mb means you can assign more ram to the graphics, allowing it to work faster (at the expense of ram usable by the Cpu of course)
Moto

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
Bios aperture wow thats a blast from the past :)

Its a part of the PCI memory adresses thats used for AGP memory address. Tinkering with it can improve (or screw up) the performance of an AGP graphics card.

Thats kind of old.... don't bother tinkering with it unless you have issues or can find a good guide on it (would be from 2003 or earlier I think)

If you have lots of questions you may want to start a new thread as this one is tagged as "resolved" alot of people (who likely know more about Bios Aperture than me) wont read it.