Is my motherboard damaged ?

hi there i blown a capacitor in my psu because my little brother flicked the 230 switch to 115 and it and a capacitor popped but will my motherboard be be ruined now, there was no fire a little bit of smoke because the circuit breaker turned the power off will there be any damage to any of the components other than the power supply sorry for being a noob at this :(
5 answers Last reply
More about motherboard damaged
  1. i mean the circuit breaker turned the power off
  2. Possible, but try replacing the power supply first. Most of the new ones have no such switch to flick.
  3. sk1939 said:
    Possible, but try replacing the power supply first. Most of the new ones have no such switch to flick.
    I was hoping the circuit breaker in the house saved the motherboard, i doubt it will work it was a really big pop i guess ill have to find out, thanks.
  4. it depends if its a single high amp rail psu then its more likely the motherboard and other components got damaged. the reason being it takes a lot more to trip the over volt protection on single rail units than say a modular unit.
    if it is a modular unit then you will probably be lucky...
  5. Its really old its a macron: mpt-301 its ment for a pentium4 lol but its used for a core 2 duo and this is what im going to get if my motherboard is not destroyed http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4176827&SID=53xcm23922e4
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Motherboards Components Product