Urgent Advice needed on Power Supply please.

mustii

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Helloo

anyone used : OCZ Technology PSU, ModXStream Pro, 700W ?

After I ordered it, I read a mix of reviews, actually most reviews were okay/good, but after reading the HardOcp test on it, and it failed I am kinda worried now.

Anyone used this one before? Can it run a i5 3570k and a AMD 7870 , on a MSI Z77A-G45 Board? they are stock but after building it I would love to overclock them.

Should I cancel my order and try find a better psu? any suggegstions? here in the uk this weekend will be a public holiday, and i thought to start building everything tomorrow, but I am just worried about this psu? Should I not be worried and go ahead and build tomorrow or cancel, and wait for a new one to arrive for next week?

Thanks

As far as I'm concerned the major problem with the OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W is that there is no reason to buy it over the 600W version, unless maybe it is cheaper. This is because it is 50W more powerful on the 12V rail, and there is no difference between them in terms of functionality/cable configuration.

I have the 500W version of your PSU running an AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE and an HD 6850 with absolutely no issues. The 500W version of this PSU is actually sufficient for your rig unless you plan on SLI.

mustii

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hi guys ,

thanks for all the replies , I am not thinking of running cross fair now, as I believe the 7870 will be fine alone for some time .

I could have got a better quality 600 watt but after your guys views I am gonna stick with this one,

Lol while I am writing this post it arrived.. Thanks a lot for the replies guys really appreciate it.