Check Signal Cable (Sleep Mode)

VIVAPANAMA

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hi all,

I am having a problem with a new HDMI cable I purchased. I had my setup working just fine but wanted a new shorter HDMI cable in order not to have so much cable clutter.

When I installed the new cable everything worked perfectly, however when I put the computer is sleep mode, the monitor stays on and says CHECK SIGNAL CABLE. What I am doing right now is just shutting off the screen manually.

Is the cable defective? Is it not new enough (ie 1.3, 1.4)

In case it matters my monitor is Samsung S27A550H and Video Card Radeon HD 6770.

(I am new, please forgive me if this is wrong forum)

simple to test. use the other cable and do the same, send it to sleep, and try waking it... also check bios and make sure you have "wake up on keyboard/mouse" enabled
if you get the same results but the pc wakes up when attached to vga/dvi then you can be pretty sure its the cable and for the reason above gave...

VIVAPANAMA

Honorable
May 3, 2012
With my original HDMI cable I had no such problem when going to Sleep Mode. It would sleep just fine, monitor would shut off (or stand by). Now with new cable PC sleeps but monitor does not go to sleep and I see Check Signal Cable message.

Wake up on keyboard is enabled, Wake up on mouse is disabled.

With this info I know for sure it is the cable since it was working fine with previous cable. My question is the following: is the cable defective? is it maybe an issue with model (1.3, 1.4) ?