Swap Sim Card between PDA Phone & PC Card?

Last response: in Network Providers
July 5, 2005 6:47:58 AM

I read something and it made me curious.

If I get a PDA/Phone and then buy a PC card off of Ebay is it possible to
swap the Sim card between the PDA Phone & PC Card to get double duty from
it?

I wouldn't mind paying $45 a month for the PDA Data plan, but another $80
for the Laptop plan is just too much.

Is this possible?

Thanks 8-)
July 5, 2005 8:13:45 PM

> If I get a PDA/Phone and then buy a PC card off of Ebay is it possible to
> swap the Sim card between the PDA Phone & PC Card to get double duty from
> it?

Yes, you can do this. You can also just connect your phone and your
laptop so that the phone functions as a modem.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:15:36 PM

Here is what I have seen. A sim for a PC card with data package used
in a PDA phone without changing or adding any other data package.
Also the PC card SIM put into a Motorola V551 phone, data cable and
the V551 became a cellular modem. I believe that Cingular data
packages (whichever is cheapest) can switch between devices. Check
with customer service before changing plans and of course they will
push you toward the more expensive.

!