Swashbuckle

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I dnt have the risers on the case that i built my new rig on...sometimes it wont switch on but when i fuss with the power supply and move some cables around it goes on...could it bee that i need a new case? i think it has some contact aswell with the case and it might be giving some shorts...if i need a new case which ones are good?

randomkid

Distinguished

PC Cases are mostly based on personal preference based on aesthetics (does it look good in your place) , size (does it fit your desired components) & features (lighting, ventilation, add-on ports), etc...
So I guess it is good to look yourself for options ( starting on the looks ) & come back here with questions if your choice is good or not.

Uther39

Distinguished

BUDGET ?
PC COMPONENT SPECS ?
COUNTRY OF PURCHASE ?

Most likely don't NEED a new case, just gotta take out the motherboard and install those standoffs like you should have in the first place, surprised you haven't shorted anything out yet....

Not trying to be rude :s

Swashbuckle

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I need more room, and i really don't like the case...one of the fans kinda doesnt work on it and since its a new rig in an old case i think the case should be replaced aswell.

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
Strategy to find the best case for me:

- Search NewEgg/Amazon/Google for gaming PC case
- Sort them by customer review based on high score/high number of reviews
- Sort them by price
- Compare top 5 - 10 for the outlook, then inside feature (enough clearance for CPU cooler and Video Card is critical. Air flow and acoustic are critical, but they are already reflected on the customer review)
- Select the best outlook to my eyes with a few minor compromises on inside feature

You have to juggle with the balance of budget/outlook/feature. Only you can make the decision.